Regular Contributor

Who Needs Paula Deen When There's The Pioneer Woman

Paula Deen's "Hi Yall" and butter has been replaced with Ree Drummond's, The Pioneer Woman's wide grin and cattle-ranch. And I must say, I enjoy Ree's cooking and personality much better because of the variety. Her family is adorable and life on a cattle-ranch in the middle of nowhere. It is nice to see someone live a perfect life. A star is born. The Pioneer Woman's show comes on several times a day almost, as much as the Barefoot Contessa, Giada and as often as Paula's show once aired.

Much to the dismay of many I am sure, the queen has been dethroned. Is Paula even on TV anymore..I haven't seen her.

Well, Paula has more time to soul-search and I know she isn't missing many mortgage payments. Her restaurants, magazine and other private ventures are still doing well I'm sure.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who Needs Paula Deen When There's The Pioneer Woman

I was surprised to find out her husband's family is the 3rd largest land owner in America.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Regular Contributor

On 7/18/2014 Nancy Drew said:

I was surprised to find out her husband's family is the 3rd largest land owner in America.

I suppose you mean the Pioneer Woman, not Paula, given the rancher thing and all.

Trusted Contributor

Another Pioneer Woman fan!

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/18/2014 EastCoastViewer said:
On 7/18/2014 Nancy Drew said:

I suppose you mean the Pioneer Woman, not Paula, given the rancher thing and all.

Yes.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Super Contributor

I read recently that his family is the 15th largest landowner in the U.S. The top 5 listed are conglomerates of oil reserves and forested areas and ranches owned by corporations, and Ted Turner, of course.

But privately, they are way, way up there. Between 350,000-433,000 acres. They do seem like a nice family. Including extended family.

Edited: I found this is at the American Farmer website.

Frequent Contributor

I have watched the show and enjoy it. Her cookbook has many recipes that are featured on her show.
Super Contributor

I watch the Pioneer Woman but the whole show seems so fake. I usually end up turning the channel because I just can't take Ree's silly humor and horrible look (that long flat nasty hair needs to go.) I love the MarlboroWoman dot com website.....hilarious stuff posted!
Honored Contributor

I didn't know their ranch was that large, Holy Cow!! Wow, is all I can say. No wonder she says it is way out there, and it is a big deal to go to town, LOL!

I like her as well. Because her personality is softer, and she isn't gimmicky, she is easy to watch. She is pleasant, honest and creative.. No annoying habits or laughs. Preparing meals for such a large family can't be easy. She puts a creative twist to "working man" meals. What I like is her recipes are easily adapted to organic, lower fat or even vegan meals. I have taken many of her recipes and made them vegan. I have also reduced the fat, and they were good. She gives you a good basic recipe to tweak!

I like her! Cute dimples too!

Honored Contributor

Love Ree Drummond (and her hunky DH Smiley Wink) My 7 year old grandson likes to watch the show with me too. His other grandpa is a cattle rancher (and farmer) and the boy is an eating machine. He likes to cook with his momma too so everything about this show is right up his alley Smiley Happy It's nice that we can watch a show together that is clean, entertaining and family oriented. I hope the show stays down to earth. I used to like Paula Deen too but she got too full of herself and fake Smiley Sad