Not applicable

Cracked nine by thirteen dish

I have a 9/13 temptations dish that I don't use a whole lot, I bet I used it 4 times since I bought it. It has a crack that if you rub your fingernail across the crack you can feel the seep ration. I don't feel comfortable using it and it cracking all the way through and ruin my meal. Tara what am I supposed to do with it. I have other temptations and they have fine cracks in them. I love the look of temptations but what am I going to do with the cracks. Am I going to get a replacement?
Trusted Contributor

Re: Cracked nine by thirteen dish

Same thing happened to me. Call the company and they will send you a replacement. All you pay for is the shipping.

Honored Contributor

Temp-tations, although I love it and have much, doesn't hold up to heavy use. I learned not to soak the pieces in water because it will absorb and can cause crazing and cracking later on. I don't have a dishwasher, but have to wonder if even in the dishwasher with as much water is thrown around could cause water absorption.

I also let a piece dry for a day or two before I use it in the oven again.

Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about your 9x13 dish. I have several sets all shapes & sizes And several of the 9x13 dishes. I have one favorite 9x13 that I use 3-4 times a week or more during holiday seasons and never have had any problems. I also have always put mine in the dishwasher (on the bottom rack) and they come out clean & shinning every time! Not sure why some people have such problems with TT and most don't? I enjoy using my TT sets and always get compliments on them, seems like just about everyone knows what they are. That being said, call TT CS and they will let you know what needs to be done to get a replacement, usually, free replacement and just shipping cost! HTH!!

Esteemed Contributor

Temptations doesn't even hold up to NO use! I had a limited edition set that sat in my cabinet for about two years - I fell in love with it but didn't really need it, so it was a good while before I actually got it out to use it. Lo and behold, the big dish had cracks all in the bottom - NEVER USED! They actually sent me a new piece (mine was rectangular) which was round (ever tried to fit a round dish into a rectangular wire rack?), and I hated the color and pattern. Used that one a couple of times for mac & cheese and it crazed and cracked. Since then I've had 3 more pieces craze/crack when only used from one to four times...like the patterns and the look, but wouldn't buy again on a bet!

Honored Contributor

I still say I find it to be very very odd that I use and use and use all my TT and never had any problem with any of them cracking , breaking or crazing.I use them in the MW and in the oven and I put them on the top shelf of my dishwasher. I really don't understand why I am getting all the good pieces and you all are getting such bad ones.

Super Contributor

On 7/3/2014 happy housewife said:

I still say I find it to be very very odd that I use and use and use all my TT and never had any problem with any of them cracking , breaking or crazing.I use them in the MW and in the oven and I put them on the top shelf of my dishwasher. I really don't understand why I am getting all the good pieces and you all are getting such bad ones.

Consider yourself lucky... Or are you calling ALL of us "liars"????
Esteemed Contributor

I think it's the same with a lot of things - many people get defective fashions, shoes, electronics, etc.. many others get the same things and have great luck with them. They're just what they're supposed to be. In years past I seldom returned anything to QVC, but the last year or two it's been a barrage of defective items, from coats to shoes, to whatever. And I'm not that picky, especially with clothes. If it takes an alteration, I can do that, but if it's a major defect, back it goes. I certainly didn't do anything unusual with my Temptations, unless you can consider making mac & cheese, or a sweet potato casserole unusual......

Honored Contributor

Just stating the facts.

New Contributor

I have MANY, MANY Temptations pieces merely because my husband knows I like their appearance, and he has purchased them for me as gifts and "just because" lots of times. I have some pieces I've used repeatedly, and they look like new. Other pieces are chipped and the glaze cracked. Now that I've used them for several years, I think overall the quality of Temptations is only moderate. I still use them and like the patterns and colors, but I have been disappointed that many of the pieces did not hold up with normal wear.