Trusted Contributor

I just read online at the Keurig site that their 2.0 machine will come out in the fall. It will make both single cups and a carafe. I can see a TSV for it in the future!

Respected Contributor

I think it will bomb - it only takes Green Mountain brand cups!

Trusted Contributor
On 6/25/2014 Desi said:

I think it will bomb - it only takes Green Mountain brand cups!

Incorrect. While there are some K-Cup knockoffs that will not work in the machine, it will take the vast majority of what is out there. The following is from the Keurig website:

Brand Variety and Choice

All of our approximately 50 owned, licensed, partner and private label brands that exist today in our Keurig® system – more than 290 different beverages in total – will be offered in our Keurig 2.0 system. This includes, among many others:

<table> <tbody> <tr> <td>Green Mountain Coffee®</td> <td> Van Houtte®</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Starbucks®</td> <td> Newman’s Own® Organics</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Tazo®</td> <td> Timothy’s®</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Folgers Gourmet Selections®</td> <td> Tully’s®</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Millstone®</td> <td> Swiss Miss®</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Dunkin’ Donuts®</td> <td> Barista Prima®</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Caribou Coffee®</td> <td> Emeril’s Gourmet Coffee®
</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Snapple®</td> <td> Coffee People®</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Lipton®</td> <td> Gloria Jean’s®</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Celestial Seasonings®
</td> <td> Twinings®</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Bigelow®</td> <td> Wolfgang Puck®
</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Cinnabon®
</td> <td> Kahlua®</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Eight O’Clock®</td> <td> The Original Donut Shop®</td> </tr> <tr> <td> Kirkland Signature</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

Respected Contributor

LOL, well they've certainly got the "you need to upgrade" sales tactic down pat.

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

Of course they are coming out with a new one! I just bought my K75 2 weeks ago.

What are ""unlicensed"" K-cups? What brands?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

Hamilton Beach makes one that offers the same features and I bet it is a lot cheaper than the Keurig will be. I have decided to buy one of the Hamilton Beach models when my Keurig decides to bite the dust.

Super Contributor

Will not take old k-cups. Will only work with Keurig's new k-cups.

Respected Contributor

SOlution...I said someone would figure it out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ywWywmO7s

Target has the 2.0 for 119.....pretty good deal! Snap up some of those discontinued K-Cups while you are at it.

Esteemed Contributor

The other models still take the original and unlicensed k-cups. I am really interested to see what direction Keurig 2.0 will take the company.

I will buy another K40 before I bought a 2.0

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor
On 9/2/2014 HonnyBrown said:

The other models still take the original and unlicensed k-cups. I am really interested to see what direction Keurig 2.0 will take the company.

I will buy another K40 before I bought a 2.0

Well I ordered the 2.0. Q had the best deal with the most coffee to go with. One thing people who don't want to waste all the plastic could use vue cups.

We'll see. I think I'll store my Platinum just in case.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*