Frequent Contributor

For those of you that have electric grills - - - do you like them???

Thinking of getting one for my hubby's BD/Father's Day, but don't know much about them. I see there are several makes so would really appreciate any suggestions.

TIA

Honored Contributor

My mom had an electric grill on the balcony for years and years and it was great.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

I had one but tossed it out. You may as well cook the burgers on the range inside, they taste no different and certainly don't taste like a burger grilled outdoors should taste; i.e., no charcoal flavor.

Frequent Contributor

I have gone that route, but cannot offer a review because mine has not come in yet. I went to sites like Amazon, Home Depot, Lowe's etc and read lots of reviews. I finally decided on the Char Broil Patio Bistro. I went back and forth between that one and one by Meco. Both had great reviews, price was the deciding factor. I found the char broil on ebay for $115. I cannot wait to try it out and will come back and give you a thumbs up or down on it. I know I wanted a slotted traditional grate and not one that is solid like the George Foreman. Good luck!

Frequent Contributor
1mamaj - do you think it will be hard to clean with the slotted grate????
Honored Contributor

It's definitely better than propane, but I kind of agree that you might as well just cook indoors with a grill pan or a contact grill.

Or, if he is frequently cooking for a large number of people I imagine an outdoor electric grill would be very handy. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
QVC had one where you could use wood chips and get a smokey flavor. The rest of them are no different than using a George Foreman grill in the kitchen. I can't figure out why people want them.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

bkgirl, I think if you spray it with something like Pam it should be ok, no more trouble than a regular grill. I also use one of those Yoshi grill mats (as seen on tv) and that think is wonderful! The meat does not stick to it and your juices do not fall down into the grill and yet you keep the grill flavor.

Trusted Contributor

Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Electric Patio Bistro at Bed Bath and Beyond $179.00's. Shucks I bought mine at QVC.

Honored Contributor

Do they taste like the one's from the grill outside?