Regular Contributor

Has anyone tried this with the Nuwave??

I would like to try "oven fried" chicken. The kind of chicken where you coat with either a panko bread crumb or a crushed corn flake coating but instead of cooking in the oven, cook in the Nuwave. I am still hesitant on using some foods, not sure why!

Also, has anyone made home made fries with it? I think I saw a posting where someone did sweet potato fries, but I want just regular Idaho fries. I am curious on how long to cook and how do they turn out.

Thanks to anyone who can help!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried this with the Nuwave??

I have made both type of fries in me SuperWave (same technique). I did not turn the oven up to high to crisp them because I happen to like the potato taste instead of crispness. I do not remember how long but I would say 20 ? mins depending how brown you want them. Good luck with your oven. You will learn to love it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried this with the Nuwave??

When you say, "Oven fried chicken" do you mean tenders from frozen? Fresh with bone in? It would make a difference I think. If you sprayed the chicken with oil and coated it lightly, it should brown nicely. I don't cook much chicken. Sorry I can't help you more.