Regular Contributor

MAGIC BULLET DESSERT EXPERSS

Hi does anyone here have this? I really want to try it, especially sine I got my 20% off coupon for BBB. Reviews all look great but I would love to hear if any of you guys have any feedback on it. I love the idea of making fresh desserts from fruit but it almost seems too good to be true..... thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: MAGIC BULLET DESSERT EXPERSS

I thought about ordering too, but after reading many reviews, I decided against it. It is made mostly of plastic and it's loud and if you don't get the fruit frozen to the prefect degree, the stuff comes out runny. And I can't eat bananas so that would make the base less creamy. On TV, it looks like soft serve ice cream but from what I hear, it really isn't.

Regular Contributor

thanks wagirll! Would love any other feedback good or bad.....
Respected Contributor

I bought mine from HSN when they had a special. I love it. I do love bananas . Most items are very creamy IMO and I love the way it swirls. I found clean up to be a breeze, you basically rinse and drain , I use a long handled brush for the main part. Mine assembles and disassembles just like in the demos. It has a useful recipe book that is nicely organized. You do have to experiment and be mindful of thawing times.

If you use WW point system you can have a dessert point free, of course the ripeness of the fruit is important to satisfaction. For me one frozen banana makes a satisfying serving. I have a Ninja that I can make some similar items but I usually make too much in it with the dessert bullet I can easily make one serving.

I like having a frozen dessert without a long list of ingredients that I cannot pronounce.

Valued Contributor

Is this the same thing as Yonanas?

Regular Contributor

thanks!! Yes it is similar to yonanas from what I have researched. I lookedit up in Amazon - many people prefer one over the other so I don't really know which one would be better. My other concern with this is that too much fruit isn't good for me as far as calories and sugar content - I pretty much limit myself to one apple a day. Still pondering......
Valued Contributor

On 4/22/2014 olive59 said: thanks!! Yes it is similar to yonanas from what I have researched. I lookedit up in Amazon - many people prefer one over the other so I don't really know which one would be better. My other concern with this is that too much fruit isn't good for me as far as calories and sugar content - I pretty much limit myself to one apple a day. Still pondering......

Well I love my Yonanas. It's better than eating ice cream. Well not better, but better for you. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Regular Contributor

nice cardamom thanks! I'm curious - was there a reason you chose yonanas over the Dessert Expresss?
Respected Contributor

Valued Contributor

On 4/22/2014 olive59 said: nice cardamom thanks! I'm curious - was there a reason you chose yonanas over the Dessert Expresss?
I didn't know about it or it didn't exist yet. I got mine even before qvc offered it. I got it when it was brand new at bed bath & beyond and I can't even remember when that was. If you give up sugar and sweets it really is like having candy but if you still eat treats and ice cream it's not a big deal and tastes like fruit. Smiley Wink. I lost 30 lbs eating yonanas and drinking green smoothies. Eta: and exercising.