Respected Contributor

On it's way out of the oven in 5 minutes.

Not one recipe on the internet is the one I remembered, needed to call

Betty Crocker and get the one that calls for 12 whites and 6 yolks...just peaking through the window, it's pretty high.................very happy camper.

Regular Contributor

Share the recipe, please?

Contributor

Right click and save as image.

Regular Contributor
Thanks! It looks just like the ones we used to get at the bakery when I was little! Happy memories. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

So I made 2 of them....1 in my Nordic Pan and 1 in my non stick.

The Nordic pan one is pretty high, actually right over the rim of the pan and the non stick one just came to the lip but the height of these pan are different.

The first one I used real egg whites meaning I separated the eggs and for the second one I measured the 1-1/2 cups of egg whites but used a carton of whites (had to use the balance of yolks so the carton whites had to be used)

The 1st one feels lighter than the 2nd one but I'll cut them tomorrow and see what everyone says if they can even tell a difference....knowing my mom, she'll know right away.

Other than that, the kitchen smelled wonderful. Love this cake.

*** if anyone makes this, 375 is too hot of an oven, reduce temp down to 350 deg. ***

You can also sub the almond extract for orange or even lemon extract.....I've had this cake made with each one of these and it's all good.