Respected Contributor

Does anyone have HSN's TSV-Wolfgang P's SS Bowls?

Do the lids STAY on?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone have HSN's TSV-Wolfgang P's SS Bowls?

I don't have the set shown today, but I have a similar set of his bowls that I've had for probably 10 years now. The lids for mine look like the ones on the ts. They don't seal on, they just sit on the bowls. The design of the lid is such that about 1/4" of the lid actually sits inside the bowls and then the lip keeps them from falling in.

Contributor

I was wondering the same thing. Last night it looked like Wolfgang had a hard time putting one lid on.
I could use bowls of that size so I think I am going to order.

Respected Contributor

On 4/19/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

I don't have the set shown today, but I have a similar set of his bowls that I've had for probably 10 years now. The lids for mine look like the ones on the ts. They don't seal on, they just sit on the bowls. The design of the lid is such that about 1/4" of the lid actually sits inside the bowls and then the lip keeps them from falling in.

"The design of the lid is such that about 1/4" of the lid actually sits inside the bowls and then the lip keeps them from falling in."

** Did you mean the lid keeps the food from falling out? **

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

On 4/19/2014 goldengirl said:

I was wondering the same thing. Last night it looked like Wolfgang had a hard time putting one lid on.
I could use bowls of that size so I think I am going to order.

Exactly! I watched the video and I watched the live show and I saw him fumbling a bit with the lids in both the video & the live show. Made me nervous, 'cause I wanted to use the bowl to take salads to work.

{#emotions_dlg.huh}

Respected Contributor

On 4/19/2014 rina33 said:
On 4/19/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

"The design of the lid is such that about 1/4" of the lid actually sits inside the bowls and then the lip keeps them from falling in."

** Did you mean the lid keeps the food from falling out? **

No, I'm just trying to explain how the lid fits on, but isn't a tight seal. The lids actually sit down in to the bowl just a bit. They're great for preparing and then putting in to the fridge or setting aside and keeping the food covered. They would not stay on if the bowl is tipped over.

ETA - I just went back and looked at this set, and it does say it's a leak-proof lid, so apparently they've updated them significantly from when I purchased. I will say I LOVE my bowls. They still look new after all these years.

Contributor

I had to laugh when Wolfgang turned the bowl upside down and held it over his head. I thought he might have a mess but the lid stayed on...lol

Respected Contributor

I noticed he kind of holds his thumbs over the lid when turning the bowl upside down so the lid stays on. The set does look nice. Love the silicone base. I got a set of 3 melanine bowls with spouts and rubber ringed bottoms (no lids) from Crate and Barrel when I got married 22 yrs ago. They were $30. One bowl broke and one lost the rubber ring off the bottom, key to it not sliding all over the counter. I'd like to not pay s/h, maybe find a set at Target or Carson's??
Esteemed Contributor

I bought a set of these a while back....the lids seal on very securely...they are beautiful...the large one is really large....and they are HEAVY....

Respected Contributor

On 4/19/2014 circles said:

I bought a set of these a while back....the lids seal on very securely...they are beautiful...the large one is really large....and they are HEAVY....

Great! That's what I needed to know. So, I can pack a lunch and not have to worry about leaks.

Thanks.