Respected Contributor

OT: THANKS FOR THE MALWARE, QVC!!!

I just spent hours trying to clean my up computer, because all of a sudden whenever I clicked on the QVC page I'd get a second tab opening, with someone yelling "YOU HAVE BEEN SPECIALLY SELECTED...." It was an ad from QVC asking me to take a survey; leaving the page and coming back just brought it back again...over and over and over.

/></p> <p> </p> <p>When I come to what's supposedly a legitimate site, I don't expect them to infect my computer with this garbage! </p> <p>How about addressing this, webmaster?  I don't know of ANYONE who doesn't hate this junk!</p>

Super Contributor

Re: OT: THANKS FOR THE MALWARE, QVC!!!

Maybe you should post this somewhere other than ""Kitchen and Food talk""..?

Valued Contributor

I don't think that popup survey came from QVC. I think you were infected from elsewhere.

QVC usually email their surveys and don't spin the 'specially selected' line.

Respected Contributor

n/m, I missread FHG's post.

Honored Contributor

On 4/18/2014 stilltamn8r said:

Maybe you should post this somewhere other than ""Kitchen and Food talk""..?

I think ""Q Did What?"" would be more appropriate.

Honored Contributor

I get these popup "invitations" frequently, from anyone from HSN to Eddie Bauer. I don't think I've gotten one from QVC, but I did get an email survey recently. If its a legitimate survey from anyone, it will leave you alone if you hit the no button. I think your problem is from someone outside QVC.

Respected Contributor

Funkyhulagirl, are you posting anywhere else about this? I will follow you where ever you go on this topic! Not only am I being baraged by these stupid surveys everywhere I go, but about two months ago, I was logging on here, and there was a message saying that my QVC account had been hacked. Thankfully, I did not follow any of the given links: I called QVC who confirmed it was a hoax, but I keep on getting hit with pop-ups every time I log on. Please let me know if you are posting on any other forums,

Thanks,

Poodlepet