Respected Contributor

Progresso Soup Lovers - heads up!

I don't get it often as it's a little bit pricey, but...

Dollar Tree has them right now - not all the flavors, but vegetable, minestrone, and tomato basil. If you love these soups, stock up while you can - they're a special purchase, not a regular item.

Little bit of trivia: I used to buy Campbell's vegetable beef soup, but didn't care of the bits of "mystery meat," so I'd try to feed them to my cats, who will eat pretty much anything and are always begging from me while I eat. They wouldn't touch them! OTOH, I've tried giving them the (much larger) bits of the meat from the Progresso vegetable beef soup, and they glom them right down. One of those "Hmmmmm" things.... {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Trusted Contributor

Re: Progresso Soup Lovers - heads up!

Thanks, do you know what the price is?

A new Dollar Tree opened by my mother & they had specials just for that store, $1.00 Campbell's Chunky soups & 50 cent Kraft Mac & Cheese

Respected Contributor

Everything at Dollar Tree is a dollar.

Honored Contributor

Did you happen to notice the exp dates, my DH says very important to check food items for dates in dollar stores.

Regular Contributor

Progresso also has some soups that are gluten free. I really need to find some soup recipes to try.

Trusted Contributor

I just checked the expiration dates, both items I bought are good

Thanks, I will check in the future before I buy

Trusted Contributor

On 4/17/2014 FunkyHulaGirl said:

Everything at Dollar Tree is a dollar. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

It was Family Dollar that just opened, not Dollar Tree

and not all products there were a dollar

Esteemed Contributor

My local food store often has the Progresso vegetarian varieties on sale for $1 each- I prefer to buy there knowing they're fresh. I often by the non vegetarian varieties in a bundle pack at Costco, around $1.30 each then ??

Respected Contributor

Everything at Dollar Tree is guaranteed fresh. They're not a fly-by-night company like many small dollar stores are; they're a Fortune 500 company and have almost 5,000 stores throughout the country and thus have tremendous buying power. In fact, I buy a lot of treats to send the troops at Dollar Tree - they make it possible to do a lot more than I'd ordinarily be able to afford to. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

I love the greeting cards in Dollar Tree, nice cards for 50 cents!!!