New Contributor

David's Sides by St. Clair'si

I was quite upset when, at the last minute before Easter 2014, I received an e-mail saying that my Auto Delivery for David's Sides was "on back order". Now I have to scramble around and find substitute offerings. To top it off, St. Clair's was on a gourmet food show on April 15 hawking more stuff they can't keep up with. QVC customer service was NO help (as usual)! Quire angry about this!
Respected Contributor

Re: David's Sides by St. Clair'si

Why would you want to pay those ridiculous prices for side dishes anyway...and frozen ones at that? {#emotions_dlg.confused1} For what QVC charges for them, you could probably find someone locally who runs a business where they make FRESH food to order - I met a couple in the park the other day who do just that.

Respected Contributor

ITA FunkyHulaGirl. There are several places here where you can buy locally prepared dishes if you can't do your own. Also, there are places who specialize in sides, i.e. Honey Baked Hams, Fresh Market, etc.

Why on earth would you want to pay those prices for ordinary sides? What on earth makesthem so special? David's name? Anybody can make Macaroni and Cheese. Corn casserole can be purchased inexpensively from Honey Baked Ham, Piccadilly, and a number of big box stores where they sell grocery products. Winn Dixie here for sure. And sweet potato casserole is about the easiest thing in the kitchen to prepare.

Respected Contributor

It's the OP's business as to why she chooses to buy that product. She owes no one an explanation. How about just answering her question? If you have no experience with her issue, then there's no need to reply.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

Bake some sweet potatoes, when they are done split and let people put on their own toppins: brown sugar, butter, maple syrup, marshmallows (or the marshmallow cream out of the jar!), more butter, orange butter, etc. etc. Oh and pecans chopped! This is so easy and they stay warm in the oven if need be!

Super Contributor

Stauffers used to make a great frozen spinach soufflé and corn soufflé..

In fact, we used to thaw it, scoop it into hollowed tomatoes or parboiled scooped out onions, and bake it... as an even MORE tempting side dish!

Respected Contributor

I forgot about Picadilly - I had a friend who used to get sides from them for holidays, as she wasn't much of a cook; she claimed they were excellent. For that matter, I've seen prepared sides in both Aldi and Publix as well. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor

OP, that's incredibly frustrating, and you have every right to be irritated! You had it on auto delivery, which means you ordered in plenty of time to get your item. Now it's not going to be there and you have to find another solution.

It's like having an order for a gift canceled at the last minute and having to scramble to find a replacement.

QVC should do better by their auto-delivery customers. AD customers are loyal!

Trusted Contributor

I agree, it is totally frustrating. While I generally give QVC the benefit of the doubt as I think people forget that things occasionally do come up and many people are not understanding, in this particular case, it seems like extremely poor planning on the part of QVC and/or its vendors.

Obviously, this is something people were planning on for Easter, and the AD customers signed up for these items months ago. Surely, if the manufacturer and QVC were hawking another product line by the same manufacturer only yesterday, there was a way to either fulfill the AD orders or, at minimum, offer to substitute this other product line in order to have by Easter.

New Contributor

Update for those interested--QVC has screwed up again by sending my ham to an address I cancelled many months ago. So now no ham, no sides! Happy Easter! Jam going to HSN!