Valued Contributor

What's cooking at your house this month of April?

Will be cube steak tonight. Love that cube steak, so easy to fix. Not sure of sides but I will have a salad for sure. Getting serious about the weight again.
Hope everyone can find us here in April. Please post, love to have any of you.

/></p>

Valued Contributor

Re: What's cooking at your house this month of April?

Think I'll try this in the crock pot on low;

Berdean's Cube Steak

4 (4 ounce) cube steaks

• salt and pepper to taste

• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour

• 1/3 cup vegetable oil

• 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules

Season the cube steaks on both sides with salt and pepper. Pour the flour onto a shallow plate and press the steaks into the flour; shake off the excess flour. Heat the oil in a large skillet with lid over medium-high heat. Place the steaks into the hot oil, and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.

1. Pour water into the skillet to almost cover the steaks. Stir the beef bouillon and salt to taste into the water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until very tender, about 2 hours
Valued Contributor

See above, I had many attempts to get this post right.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Happy April All! & Thanx to Sushi for starting us off again, & Predsfan for the darling pix. Just made the cream puff dough for the recipe in the 9x13 pan, some friends coming tonite for coffee and, so I thought that would be good, I'm sure they'll bring something also but never enough desserts right? Soushi good luck with your diet, I don't think I could ever do it but must have a lot of will power.

Like Soushi said, please join us one and all, it's nice here.

Take Care

Respected Contributor

Well last night I made Butternut Squash Soup in my 3-1 Ninja from the cookbook it came with. Came out great. Perfect night for it, was cold and rainy, what else is new. Served with chicken and a salad. I even had some of the soup for breakfast this morning.

Valued Contributor

On 4/1/2014 luvpoos said:

Well last night I made Butternut Squash Soup in my 3-1 Ninja from the cookbook it came with. Came out great. Perfect night for it, was cold and rainy, what else is new. Served with chicken and a salad. I even had some of the soup for breakfast this morning.

Nothing wrong with that, luvpoos. I like a variety of things for breakfast that aren't usual breakfast fare.

Weather here is still windy but sunny.

Made the cube steak in the crockpot. It was good but I've had better. Friend makes it in the crockpot with a package of gravy mix. I really like that but she always says, a little of this, etc. No recipe, grrr.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Ohhh purple flowers! I was just looking out the front window the other day at our bare Lilac tree. I know that end of May into June blossoms should come out. Tree's still got some snow around it. But the snow is disappearing.

Been having bar-b-que pulled pork. I think I'm ready for warmth, the deck and grilling out.

Valued Contributor

Morning,

Beautiful day in the neighborhood. No wind, sun is shinning, in the 50's today. Spring is here!

Had the cube steak last night with fried cabbage and broccoli with cheese. Tonight, not sure, maybe something with chicken. My new Seal a Meal arrived and I had to try it out. Love it. Have plenty of bags left over from old one so I'm ready for shopping at the meat market.

Qualitygal, I'm with you. Purple is a favorite of mine. I have deep purple as an accent color in my living room. Think everyone I talk to mentions they are ready to grill outside. Hamburger on the grill can't be beat.

Okay, Spix, how did the cream puff pie turn out. I need a review from you. Was it hard to get out of the pan?

Are we missing Winifred? Need to see her posts.

Best to all, please join us.