Back-in-Stock Fashions
18 Members and 12797 Guests Online

Kitchen & Food

Has your taste for certain foods changed since getting older?

Started 1391960798.687 in Kitchen & Food Talk | Last reply 1392031704.61 by Grade1Teach

Once in a while I'm in the mood for a piece of good chocolate, but most of the time it turns me off.

I loved it as a child.

I never make chocolate desserts anymore unless it's requested by someone.

I wish I'd lose my taste for potato chips, but that hasn't happened yet.

Has your taste changed?

>^..^< house cat

Page 2 of 2
sam291391992801.647501 PostsRegistered 6/28/2013
Great subject! My tastes are way off as I've gotten older. I've wondered if others are experiencing this. Good to know I'm not the only one with issues. Can't eat sweets like I used to......chocolate upsets my acid reflux. I still love chocolate covered cherries with liquid centers but I pay the price for that enjoyment. Haven't had a coke in years! Seems like I really don't care for much in the way of food....like someone else said .... I eat to live rather than live to eat. Funny how things have changed with added years. No one ever told me about this:)

kachina6241391994922.2216326 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004New Mexico
I don't find chocolate to be nearly as yummy as I used to. Can't stand dark chocolate and I don't like chocolate chip cookies. I have developed a fondness for white chocolate.

!FitChick!1391996795.85837 PostsRegistered 1/22/2011

I would not touch sour cream when I was younger-now I will have a very small amount on a taco and I am ok with it. I really thought I 'd hate Greek yogurt, but I like it- what I can't stand is the greek yogurt container sitting under my nose- has to be disposed of immediately.

PurpleBunny1391997256.439232 PostsRegistered 2/27/2008The Couch
Yes, I like foods spicy now - I didn't when I was younger.

(\__/)
(='•'=)
('"')(''")
Calm seas never made a skillful sailor ...

       

twocent1391999050.07710154 PostsRegistered 1/5/2008
On 2/9/2014 chickenbutt said:

We were forced to eat a lot of really nasty things as a child (you cannot even imagine, trust me!), so I am picky. I have always been picky.

I like variety, so I like a lot of things and I don't think that has really changed over the years/decades.

The list of things that gross me out has remained the same. Aside from a few things in general I don't care for, my list of 6 foods that just skeeve me out to no end continues to be mayonnaise, eggs, sour cream, yogurt, buttermilk, and milk. I can cook with the eggs and milk, however, if it is a recipe where those ingredients disappear into the finished product. But the other four I won't even cook with because I'd end up sick just from the thought and smell of them.

Trust me, sadly I can- and not because we were poor. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. :(

Desertdi1392000042.2616016 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun
On 2/9/2014 twocent said:
On 2/9/2014 chickenbutt said:

We were forced to eat a lot of really nasty things as a child (you cannot even imagine, trust me!), so I am picky. I have always been picky.

I like variety, so I like a lot of things and I don't think that has really changed over the years/decades.

The list of things that gross me out has remained the same. Aside from a few things in general I don't care for, my list of 6 foods that just skeeve me out to no end continues to be mayonnaise, eggs, sour cream, yogurt, buttermilk, and milk. I can cook with the eggs and milk, however, if it is a recipe where those ingredients disappear into the finished product. But the other four I won't even cook with because I'd end up sick just from the thought and smell of them.

Trust me, sadly I can- and not because we were poor. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Eeeee gads.........my grandpa made head cheese in the basement........wouldn't eat that stinky stuff then........and certainly not now........ There was really some awful stuff in our house.

Feline Fine1392013968.3674146 PostsRegistered 6/28/2013Eccentriccatladyville, USA

One particular thing I used to like was American cheese (on whatever), but's it's become too bland for me. So, I instead replace it with regular cheddar.

And if I want more of a 'bite' or 'kick', I'll then choose sharp cheddar, white cheddar. or extra-sharp cheddar.

*The key to lifelong YOUTHfulness* :
*Be CURIOUS
*Love to LEARN
*Keep up & grow w/ the CHANGING times

mistriTsqu­irrel1392014976.48710647 PostsRegistered 7/17/2010Purgatory, USA

I used to hate avocado and asparagus...now I love them. {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Heartburn Can Cause Cancer -- www.ecan.org

Grade1Teach1392031704.6110271 PostsRegistered 12/2/2007Long Island

I'm finding that I like less and less as I get older.

Meat is less appealing to me now more than ever, although I do eat a good amount of white meat chicken.

Page 2 of 2