Trusted Contributor

Broccoli And Cheese Casserole

Broccoli And Cheese Casserole

1 can (10 3/4-ounce) condensed cream of mushroom soup

1 cup mayonnaise

1/4 cup finely chopped onion ...(optional)

3 (10-ounce) packages frozen cut broccoli

2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese

salt

ground black pepper

paprika

Preheat oven to 350*. Butter a 9x13 inch pan.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together condensed soup, mayonnaise, beaten egg, and, if desired, chopped onion.
Place frozen broccoli into a very large mixing bowl. Break up the frozen broccoli. Using a rubber spatula, scrape soup-mayonnaise mixture on top of broccoli and mix well. Sprinkle on cheese and mix well. Using a rubber spatula, scrape and pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Smooth top of casserole using spatula. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and
paprika. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Serve hot.

Honored Contributor

Re: Broccoli And Cheese Casserole

thank you - simple ingredients and it sounds yummy. I'll keep it for sometime in the future.

~ house cat ~
Contributor

I make a cauliflower casserole the same way, minus the mayonnaise; I use fresh cauliflower and steam it briefly. Love it! I'll try it with broccoli.

Honored Contributor

Add a can of sliced water chestnuts.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Hi Lilbitmissty-I have been making this recipe for at least 10 years now except I only use 2 pkgs of chopped broccoli and cook the broccoli. Then I add the hot drained broccoli to the cheese/mayo mixture. For the topping, I mix 2 cups of crushed Pepperidge Farms stuffing mix with 1/2 stick of melted butter and sprinkle over the casserole.

This recipe is always requested for our holiday dinners! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Frequent Contributor

Sounds delicious, and not too hard to make. Think I'll give it a try sometime this week. Thank you!

Valued Contributor

I don't know how I missed this one! Thanks LBM, your recipes are always delicious!

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Contributor

Sounds simple to are and yummy!
Honored Contributor

Same recipe I have but I add an egg to the mix to bind it, reduce the mayo by 1/2 and sprinkle in some chopped pecans for texture and top it with butter and grated Ritz crackers.

Valued Contributor

I make something very similiar to this adding Parm cheese and chicken in bite size pieces. Add a splash or lemon juice to the soup mix. Also works with cream of chicken soup.