Honored Contributor

Lorena Garcia Griddle TS on HSN

Is anyone ordering this or do you already have it? It came out at $79. and only one color. As the TS it is $39.99 and offered in several pretty colors.

Super Contributor

Re: Lorena Garcia Griddle TS on HSN

I'm curious also...my concern is the white griddle getting burn marks. I watched the presentations and not all of the griddles cleaned completely, especially the ones that the steaks and chops were cooked on. After being wiped down with the white towel I could still see dark marks.

Trusted Contributor

While I really like the quality of her products (I have her bake ware and love it), I won’t be purchasing the griddle (or any other similar style griddle) because I prefer grill & griddle plates that can go in the dishwasher. If I put raw meat/poultry on something I want it washed and cleaned at high temperature BEFORE I use it again to make pancakes. I really only feel things are thoroughly clean once they have been through the dishwasher (jusr one of my many idiosyncrasies) . I have one item in the kitchen that is an exception – a pull chopper, where the lid cannot go in the dishwasher but all the other parts can. That handy little chopper lid is worthy of being my one exception.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Esteemed Contributor

I only watched a little while at 1am....and all I could think of the spatter of grease going all around that griddle....so your not only cleaning the griddle ....but a huge circumference...on the counters....table...or wherever you place the griddle when you are using it....

Super Contributor

On 3/31/2015 circles said:

I only watched a little while at 1am....and all I could think of the spatter of grease going all around that griddle....so your not only cleaning the griddle ....but a huge circumference...on the counters....table...or wherever you place the griddle when you are using it....

I had that problem using my nuwave cooktop while on vacation but I solved that issue by placing an old towel under the nuwave then tossing the towel into the washer machine when done cooking.

Super Contributor

On 3/31/2015 Havarti said:

While I really like the quality of her products (I have her bake ware and love it), I won’t be purchasing the griddle (or any other similar style griddle) because I prefer grill & griddle plates that can go in the dishwasher. If I put raw meat/poultry on something I want it washed and cleaned at high temperature BEFORE I use it again to make pancakes. I really only feel things are thoroughly clean once they have been through the dishwasher (jusr one of my many idiosyncrasies) . I have one item in the kitchen that is an exception – a pull chopper, where the lid cannot go in the dishwasher but all the other parts can. That handy little chopper lid is worthy of being my one exception.

. . I purchased the Curtis Stone grill/griddle with a removable glass lid because I wanted to put it in dishwasher and also have the glass lid to help with splatter. You can just leave the lid up so it does cut down on splatter or put it down completely. So far I am liking it. Using it for steaks tonight. Oh, this was an HSN item as well.