Frequent Contributor

George Forman Evolve Grill : didn't clean up well on TV

Watched the demo of The George Forman Evolve Grill today: when they showed how well burgers cooked, and then went on to another food product: in trying to show how well the grill plates cleaned, not very much of the residual hamburger was able to be cleaned with the paper towel, one of the product's promoted feature. The camera cut away and when the camera returned for a shot, the vendor was STILL trying to get the grill plates cleaned.

David V. was too busy trying to explain the color choices while chewing on a pepperoni slice to try to "provide alternative promotional information".

What happened ?

Honored Contributor

Re: George Forman Evolve Grill : didn't clean up well on TV

Color choices are so much more important than ease of cleanup.

Honored Contributor

Oh my yes, that's the Q, no matter what it is, let's go through the colors, again, one more time, for the tenth time...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I have used this grill regularly for more than a year now, and it does clean up quite easily -- I just throw the plates in the dishwasher.

Bear in mind, trying to wipe off extremely (425 degree) plates with a paper towel is not an easy thing to do. It is hot and dangerous. Also bear in mind that carmelized juices will show more easily on the gray ceramic nonstick because of the color contrast. They still clean like a dream, and mine continue to look like new.

Respected Contributor

It's hard to show cleanup without water, or at least a wet rag. When the grill is hot, oftentimes the juice bakes right on it. It's still easy to clean up if you run it under scalding hot water. I would never try to wipe it up with a dry rag.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

I don't have this particular George Foreman grill, but they do clean up easily. I had the biggest one they sold several years ago. After I was done cooking on it, I would use the plastic scraper that came with the unit to scrape off anything that stuck to the grill plate then I'd use a damp paper towel to wipe the grill plate down. It was very easy to clean.

Valued Contributor

I saw that too. I thought it was just me practicing my editing skills. she did get a bit flustered. live tv.

Valued Contributor

I have a Foreman grill and never use it because:

1. All the juices run out and the burgers are dry.

2. They are a bugger to clean. You have to reheat it and use a sopping wet cloth to get it clean.

Not worth it.

You could tell she kept looking at the monitor to see if the camera was off of her.

Valued Contributor

On 3/29/2015 KYToby said:

I have used this grill regularly for more than a year now, and it does clean up quite easily -- I just throw the plates in the dishwasher.

Bear in mind, trying to wipe off extremely (425 degree) plates with a paper towel is not an easy thing to do. It is hot and dangerous. Also bear in mind that carmelized juices will show more easily on the gray ceramic nonstick because of the color contrast. They still clean like a dream, and mine continue to look like new.

Exactly! I agree

Respected Contributor

I own the George Foreman Evolve Grill with the white ceramic plates. The new white ceramic plates are easier to clean up than the old dark ones. Mine still looks like new. I have owned it for about 5 months and use it daily.