Frequent Contributor

Sweet Endings Cakes.....BOMB or BUST?

I ordered a Sweet Ending White Chocolate Raspberry Bomb Cake for Easter. The cake was being tracked by UPS. I noticed that the tracking info indicated that it was delayed a day in transport. When I received it on the day it was to arrive, all of the dry ice had evaporated and while the cake was still cold, it seemed that it could be dethawing. Of course it would not keep til Easter and even though I threw it immediately in the freezer, I am concerned that the cream inside could be spoiled. There will be no way of knowing this until I take it out and cut it on Easter Sunday.

I called CS and the woman was very nice. She is sending me out a replacement. It is still in process and the notice I received said I should receive it within 7 to 10 days!

I am hoping that this cake is just being held up so it doesn't involve a weekend which would cause it to sit for an additional two days.

I guess my question is what is your experience with this product? Should I rely on the cake to be as presented or should I make my own dessert for Easter? I was to take this to a family dinner and I do not want to be embarrassed.

Thanks for any thoughts you may have.

Happy Holidays to all!

Honored Contributor

Re: Sweet Endings Cakes.....BOMB or BUST?

I had all kinds of delivery problems with that company when I ordered a coconut bomb cake last year. The cake was absolutely fabulous, delicious, gorgeous, etc., etc.,…….when I was finally able to get it. As a result, I probably won't order from them again. No matter how good it was, it just isn't worth the hassle. I'll probably buy local in the future.

Honored Contributor

I've had the coconut cake too and loved it.

I didn't have any bad experiences, but I got mine from QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

We ordered the red velvet bomb cake at christmas, it came fast was still totally frozen and was soooo delicious! Will order again. Oh and it was just a beautiful cake!
Honored Contributor

I'm watching them present this cake right now. She just said that you could refreeze them, so I would imagine it would still be good. I've never tried one but have been very tempted!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2015 NickNack said:

I'm watching them present this cake right now. She just said that you could refreeze them, so I would imagine it would still be good. I've never tried one but have been very tempted!

I don't know which one they showed today, but the coconut one I got several months ago I let it thaw because I wanted to try it so bad. Then, since there is a ton of it, I sliced much of it up, wrapped each piece gently in cellophane, and then stacked them into a Lock & Lock to freeze.

After the cake was TOTALLY frozen, I vacuum sealed each piece and back into the freezer they went. That way the quality and flavor wouldn't degrade.

New Contributor

I ordered a Grandma Molly's Lemon Cake that was due to arrive on March 30th. When I went to check my order status on April 1st my order had been cancelled. I called CS and the woman was very nice and said that the VENDOR cancelled my order. I received no email, no nothing. Apparently, they cannot keep up with their orders. We are very disappointed, as I had planned to serve this on Easter. I was hoping for better service, but I do not think Sweet Endings has any. They should have sent something to replace the product I had ordered.

Respected Contributor

I don't have direct experience, but if the cake was still cold then you should be all set. I doubt if anything had time to spoil. You were smart to put it in the freezer immediately.

Many times they tell you that there may be little or no dry ice by the time the food reaches its destination, but as long as the item is cold, it will be okay.

Enjoy your cake!

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

On 4/2/2015 clothesmaven said:

I ordered a Grandma Molly's Lemon Cake that was due to arrive on March 30th. When I went to check my order status on April 1st my order had been cancelled. I called CS and the woman was very nice and said that the VENDOR cancelled my order. I received no email, no nothing. Apparently, they cannot keep up with their orders. We are very disappointed, as I had planned to serve this on Easter. I was hoping for better service, but I do not think Sweet Endings has any. They should have sent something to replace the product I had ordered.

Maybe you still have time to get something locally. It's such a disappointment when things don't go as planned, especially right before a holiday.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

I bought the carrot cake for Easter dinner and it was outstanding. Delivery was no problem at all. My guests really loved the cake. It has a gorgeous presentation.