Honored Contributor

Oh no , my oval 4 qt pressure cooker is dead

Only 2 yrs. old and it won't let you set the time now. I checked stock and they have no ovals at all right now. Hate to wait till Christmas. I know I won't be able to find ovals out in the stores. I'll be on internet all day now trying to find a new one.

Regular Contributor

Re: Oh no , my oval 4 qt pressure cooker is dead

Had a Email from Crock Pot-they have a 6 qt. oval slow cooker with a brown on stove liner for $69.00.

Sorry-I didn't read it right-a pressure cooker, not a slow cooker.

My head is more stuffed up from my cold than I thought.

{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Honored Contributor

That's all I've been able to find are slow cookers not pressure cookers. guess I'll have to wait till xmas.

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

What about the Cuisinart CPC600? It's not oval though. It's a 6 qt. At least it has a 3 yr warranty. Maybe it will work for you since it's a 6 qt instead of a 4 qt. I don't know why they don't make more in the oval shape. I have the Cuisinart & it quit working shortly after I bought it. I sent it to Cuisinart & they sent me a new one. So far so good. I still have the old 8 qt oval round pressure cooker Q sold years ago. It also quit working but I found one being sold for parts on EBay. I bought it & DH took both apart & fixed mine.

Super Contributor

I just looked on overstock.com and there was a Technique 6.5 quart oval pressure cooker for $60 for sale. I thought Technique was a QVC brand.

Honored Contributor

I'll check it out. I like Overstock. I got the old time 8qt oval 1 too. Never used it like I did the 4 qt. but I'm desperate for a smaller one. I'll check out Overstock. I make chicken and dumplings in the oval as well as ribs. Guess I used it to much. LOL I sent email to Q awaiting their reply.

Thanks for all your replys ! I've been sitting on my backside for hrs. going everywhere in the search. I know the brick and mortar stores won't have an oval.

wahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Frequent Contributor

I just saw oval stock pots this week at Bed, Bath and Beyond and Target. Hope you find one soon. Smiley Happy
Frequent Contributor

Sorry! I didn't read it right either! And on top of that, I saw crock pots not stock pots. My mistake! I have a 16 month old GS with a cold today. Poor little guy isn't feeling well.
Honored Contributor

no problem !