Contributor

After your surgery did you get the lens so you can see far, near and arms length? If you did, how to you like them? I think I have settled on these but would like to hear from more people and their experience. thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: Lens after Cataract surgery

They didn't have that option when I had my surgery. I had the choice of one eye distance and one eye for reading. I thought both would be distance but the doctor for second surgery didn't ask me and made on close. Ended up good. I'd like to see a pic of the triple strength if you have one.

Respected Contributor

I would also like some feedback on this subject as I was recently told I have a cataract in one eye.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

I don't remember my choices; however, I developed scar tissue after my first cataract surgery.... so you might want to ask your dr. about this. I had to have laser surgery to remove the scar tissue 6 mo. after I had the first surgery.

Respected Contributor

Hi Just Me Too,

With all due respect this is the Kitchen & Food Talk category, and not the best place to get replies for this eye topic.

My opinion is if you and everyone else on your thread wish to receive more replies and advice participation on your topic above, you will get more hits if you post your topic in the correct category, which would be under Health & Fitness.........and Good Luck!

Honored Contributor

I had cataracts removed in both eyes last May. I chose to have the implant lens so I could see close. I was sick and tired of always wearing cheaters for everything I had to do so I chose "close". I love the fact I don't have to depend on glasses when I am on the computer. However, I did get glasses for driving (to see distance). I also wear them when I am watching TV. I don't have to but they make the picture exceptionally clear.

Trusted Contributor

I actually learned something from this post about surgery, which I will eventually have to have. I would never look in health and fitness. So a blooper on someones part, may benefit lots.

Boop

Respected Contributor

I had cataract surgery about 10 years ago when I has 61. If I remember correctly, I had a choice of whether I wanted lenses to see distance or close. I chose distance and it was the best thing I ever did. I don't need glasses for everyday and when I read I use cheap magnifiers. Also, I don't need prescription sunglasses, which is really nice.

Good luck, I'm sure you will be happy with your decision.

Respected Contributor

On 3/27/2015 flbettyboop said:

I actually learned something from this post about surgery, which I will eventually have to have. I would never look in health and fitness. So a blooper on someones part, may benefit lots.

Boop

Just an FYI, you should check out the Health and Fitness thread once in a while. I've gotten a lot of very helpful information from the ladies there.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Wink said:

I had cataract surgery about 10 years ago when I has 61. If I remember correctly, I had a choice of whether I wanted lenses to see distance or close. I chose distance and it was the best thing I ever did. I don't need glasses for everyday and when I read I use cheap magnifiers. Also, I don't need prescription sunglasses, which is really nice.

Good luck, I'm sure you will be happy with your decision.

Thanks for the comment. Makes sense to me. LOL

Boop