Respected Contributor

I usually buy Cornado for the Holidays and I do like it but was wondering is there one that is better than this one. Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: What Is The Best Spiral Ham

Never heard of Coronado, but I've heard good things about Trader Joes gold wrapper hams. Not sure if they have them at Easter or if you have TJ's.

Respected Contributor

I bought a Honeybaked a few years ago that was really nice. And it was easy to just pick it up from the Honeybaked store.

Honored Contributor

I like Kansas City. I just got an email this morning that they have them $10 off and free shipping right now and, I believe, through the end of this month. kansascitysteaks.com

They are not filled with water and salt and they don't use liquid smoke like many others do. Not particularly cheap, so if you're looking for cheap don't even bother. But for good flavor, not fatty, and no saltiness, they are the best I've seen. I've been getting them for years now.

I'm sad that QVC seems to be going with Smithfield.. Not only is that company terribly offensive but I hear the hams are very salty. Cooks is another of the Smithfield companies so I would never patronize them, or any of the ones under the Smithfield umbrella - more on principle than anything.

Regular Contributor

Farmland brand, at Wal-mart. They have always been juicy, never dry and the flavor is amazing. i get the smoked one.

Honored Contributor

HoneyBaked

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Frequent Contributor

Ingredients:

Cured with: Water, Salt, Sodium Lactate, Brown Sugar, Cane Sugar, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Diacetate, Sodium Erythorbate, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Sodium Nitrite, Dextrose

Kansas city ham

Respected Contributor

IF you are a cook, buy one from your grocery store and glaze yourself or use the packet that comes with it. If you aren't, go with one ready made.

Trusted Contributor

The past few years we've purchased a spiral sliced ham from Aldi's It's Appleton Farms brand. I just got the flyer and it's $1.69/ lb. Great value and always very good!

Honored Contributor

Honeybaked is the best! Because you don't have to cook it or heat it (they recommend serving at room temp) you have your oven free.