Honored Contributor

How long do you leave your coffee on for?

I use Mr. Coffee and want to avoid that bad taste of the last cup. I can make fresh, of course, but I wonder how long you're supposed to let coffee set like that? Been 4 hours. Guess I'll cut it in half and then it'll always be fresh.

Maybe I should use Kerig? How do you spell that? LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: How long do you leave your coffee on for?

It's Keurig.

I don't have my coffee "on" for more than 30 seconds, as I do use my Keurig. I love my Keurig.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Love my Keurig, I have had one for at least 5 years.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Fresh is a perk for Keurigs. Putting it in a preheated SS thermos would also keep it from that burnt taste. My friend bought one of the Mr. Coffee thermos pots and loves it. She won't drink coffee that's been sitting on a burner for an hour even.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

After drinking too much overheated coffee invested in a good aeropot. Brew a pot, pour it in the aeropot and we have hot coffee pretty much all day if it lasts. For those days we are running out as soon as we're up we use the Keurig.

Respected Contributor

We have a Keurig, but I don't care for the taste of coffee made in it (DH uses it 1-2 times a week). Whichever of us gets up first brews a pot of Maxwell House or Folgers (whatever was on sale) in our Mr. Coffee, and we have it finished by about 10:00 a.m. If some is left over in the pot we just unplug it....then if one of us feels like another coffee we warm up that cupful in the microwave mid-afternoon. Tastes fine to us!

Respected Contributor

I have a Hamilton Beach Brewstation. Product Details http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=hamilton+beach+brewst...

It keeps it hot all day without burning it. When the auto off kicks in, you just press the on button again, it acts like it is going to make coffee again, but it doesn't and just keeps it hot. I've had mine for 9+ years at work, but I also have a Keurig that I've had since 07' at home, but I drink more coffee at work than home.

Honored Contributor

I switched to Keurig because I used to end up with CRISPY coffee!!!

Now it's just Keurig or my French press....no danger of getting bitter or burned.

Occasional Contributor

I like the convenience of the Keurig for the single cups and for the new carafe. I have found that since I drink quite a bit of coffee I end up with a lot of unrecyclable k-cups. The carafe cups are recyclable but I don't have as many of those. So, I am going back to my 12 cup percolator. I make a pot and put it a thermal carafe in the morning. What's left in the carafe is still warm when I get home in the evening. Also, the percolater and thermal carafe don't take up as much room and are far easier to clean. You can't remove the water from the inside of the Keurig.

Trusted Contributor

I drink my 2 cups of coffee per day within 30 minutes after it finishes brewing, so I never have a burnt or stale taste to my coffee.