Super Contributor

Just Got Back From Olive Garden Restaurant

Recently we went to Olive Garden for the Soup Salad and Breadsticks. Last time I was there regularly was about 25 years ago and used to LOVE their breadsticks,.. What in the world has happened to them now as there is no way I will return for that lunch "special" again..?

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Got Back From Olive Garden Restaurant

seems like the last time we were there I ordered ravioli and I got like 4 small squares and the drinks were 3.00 or more. On another visit I ordered the choc mousse and it was like 2 tbspoons and was 5.00 or so. Husband likes to go there not my fav place.

For value go to Ci Ci's buffet all you can eat for 5 plus drinks. They have cinnamon rolls for dessert and some kind of other stuff. Maybe a brownie I never get. LOL

Honored Contributor

Olive Garden has gone WAY downhill, IMO.

The one in my area is dirty too...

Honored Contributor

I was there once - probably 10 or 15 years ago. I prefer quality over quantity.

Honored Contributor

It's been around 15-17 years for me and I didn't think it was too good then. It's kind of like how Taco Bell makes 'Mexican Food' is how Olive Garden makes 'Italian Food'. I've only gone to OG when it was somebody else who wanted to go there.

Well, I do like Taco Bell but haven't been there for years either. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Trusted Contributor

I've pretty much given up eating bread, but if I did I would not eat their breadsticks as I just do not think they are good. I do like their salad, however.

Trusted Contributor

Haven't been there in quite a while. The ads on TV make it look like they use too much cheese on everything. In a good Italian restaurant-pasta is just one of the courses-not the main entrée.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/24/2015 chickenbutt said:

It's been around 15-17 years for me and I didn't think it was too good then. It's kind of like how Taco Bell makes 'Mexican Food' is how Olive Garden makes 'Italian Food'. I've only gone to OG when it was somebody else who wanted to go there.

Well, I do like Taco Bell but haven't been there for years either. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

The Taco Bells around here seem to cater to the drunken, broke, male college kids. Lots of mystery meat with cheese for 99 cents!

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2015 lacey1 said:
On 3/24/2015 chickenbutt said:

The Taco Bells around here seem to cater to the drunken, broke, male college kids. Lots of mystery meat with cheese for 99 cents!

Ha! Wouldn't doubt it. I remember when they were pretty new and everything on the menu was 19 cents. Needless to say, that was ages ago. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Olive Garden is trash. I've heard so many terrible stories about how they store then reheat the breadsticks multiple times before serving, etc etc. I live in a region of Upstate NY that is predominantly Italian so I know what homecooked Italian food tastes like and OG ain't it! I suggest not giving them your patronage and try a local place instead.