Occasional Contributor
Does anyone remember seeing the "as seen on tv" pressure cooker on ITKWD about 2 Sunday's ago. I think it was called the Super Power Pressure Cooker XL? Has any one purchased it? Likes or dislikes? Thanks in advance.
Contributor

Scroll down and look at the reviews.. Not good.

http://www.highya.com/power-pressure-cooker-xl-reviews

Respected Contributor

Is this the one that Eric Theiss does? and it cans, too?

Respected Contributor

Actually,seems like most of those bad reviews are due to bad shipping and really really bad customer service-

I saw this at Walmart so I wonder why anyone has to mail order for it over the infomercial?

And of course there are always the "bad" reviews by new PC users, who don't realize how long they take to get to pressure- That "hour long" pot roast is closer to an hour and a half once you take into consideration the time it takes to get to pressure, the newbies don't realize that, and of course, no one explains it on the air!

Trusted Contributor

My friend bought one and it did not hold pressure.

Respected Contributor
I would go with a proven brand. You should buy one from a retailer that you can return it to easily. The one you speak of is about the sameeprice as a Cuisenart or Fagor from BeDBath and Beyond, Walmart, or Sams, Costco, BJs.
Occasional Contributor
Thanks every for your input. Yes...it is the same one that Eric advertises on TV. Did not realize the reviews were so bad.
Super Contributor
On 3/23/2015 laura50 said: Thanks every for your input. Yes...it is the same one that Eric advertises on TV. Did not realize the reviews were so bad.

Actually as others have said with the almost 250 reviews you will find most people are very pleased with the performance of this appliance. The reason for the very low reviews seems to be related to the delivery time, shipping cost, and poor customer service.

It is recommended that you buy it locally at Kohls BB&B or Walmart where returns are easy and of course there is no wait time to get the machine and no shipping charge.