Honored Contributor

It makes me sick...

WHY does QVC still carry this disgusting brand??????

Esteemed Contributor

Hi terrier, what's so bad about the brand?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

I REALLY wish they would stop selling this brand! It is one of the things that makes me lose the MOST respect for them! Shameful!!

Honored Contributor

Deleted - it's not worth arguing about!

Honored Contributor
On 3/22/2015 HonnyBrown said:

Hi terrier, what's so bad about the brand?

Every humane society deounces them and their practices. Not to mention that since they were bought out by a Chinese company...there are plans to PROCESS the hams in CHINA.

This is all PRE-Paula....although I started disliking her when she became their spokesperson...obviously animal cruelty doesn't phase her.

And yes, I do eat pork...from a farmer I know who raises his animals free-range and has them ethically butchered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_vqIGTKuQE

Honored Contributor

Hi Hooty! It's nothing at all about PD. But the horrible cruelty that the employees of the company displayed toward the animals, and the company allowed, in addition to poor treatment of employees is the problem.

Oops, sorry about that. I had a glitch and by the time I responded Terrier had already posted the info.

Anyway, Smithfield is a horrible company with horrible practices.

Honored Contributor

Deleted - see above!

Super Contributor

I was just thinking the same thing; how can the hosts live with themselves???

Imagine if QVC would do the responsible thing like selling humanely raised meat and poultry?

Honored Contributor

There was a lot of publicity some years ago about horrendous conditions under which animals live at Smithfield facilities. That's what people are referring to, and it was well documented, not just a matter of opinion.

http://youtu.be/L_vqIGTKuQE

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

So true. There are also videos out there of some of the cruelty. I clicked on one, once and couldn't finish watching. It made me so sad and mad! The employees, including supervisory staff were doing horrible, hideous, cruel, torturous things to the animals and thought it was just hilarious. It was so far beyond sickening and made me ashamed to be considered a human, along with people like that.