Occasional Contributor

Changing contents of sale after sale finalized

So I purchased the Kitchenaid 9 speed hand mixer when it was listed as a new item. Now I pull the order up to see if it shipped and I see QVC has changed the items included. When call they pretend like they have no clue what I'm talking about, I have no memory problems and read carefully descriptions before I purchase. I would suggest anyone buying anything with items included to take a screen print until you have the item in your hand and know you have all items, don't trust QVC not to change the item description and tell you your remembering wrong.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Changing contents of sale after sale finalized

Could you be specific with what you received versus what you say you should have received?

As U recall, QVC had a couple of different options for the hand mixer. One had more accessories than the other; the one with fewer accessories was the one on sale most recently. Perhaps you mixed them up.

I serious doubt QVC actually changed the description. If that is the case, however, you may wish to return the item for a refund.

Honored Contributor

Are you certain they're not two versions of the item listed with different item numbers? This is not uncommon, especially for appliances. The companies put out many configurations of the same product.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 3/20/2015 KYToby said:

Could you be specific with what you received versus what you say you should have received?

As U recall, QVC had a couple of different options for the hand mixer. One had more accessories than the other; the one with fewer accessories was the one on sale most recently. Perhaps you mixed them up.

I serious doubt QVC actually changed the description. If that is the case, however, you may wish to return the item for a refund.

Absolutely what probably happened, but I do think OP's idea of taking a screen shot is good because we all feel better when we know for sure we're not being taken advantage of.

OP is accusing QVC of fraud - I can't imagine that. Could someone have sent her the wrong item #, yes. Shipping errors do happen (and definitely that's not limited to QVC) Changing the item specifications, I bet not.

Occasional Contributor

I did not actually receive the item, I ordered it when I seen it was available, have been waiting since December for QVC to get the 9 speed back in stock. I ordered it as a gift she has a really old one that still works but not as well as she is always losing the attachments in the drawer, so when I seen the 9 speed also offered the bag for the attachments I thought it was perfect, not only could I oreder her favourite color that I'm not finding elsewhere but the bag would be a real help. Next day after thinking about it thought I should buy another for my other aunt, came home to order and they no longer showed the bag, called to see if I would still get on order placed night before since it was listed at the time the order was placed. My frustration is they are unwilling to accept it was incorrectly shown, if they had told me that it was incorrectly shown and they corrected it I would have accepted it. But treating me like in 24 hours I coukd be confused on what I ordered. This is the place I have been able to find the color I wanted and this is the first time in months I have seen the 9 speed in stock. So I am not confusing it with another site or item #, I just regret I didn't print it out. I didn't cancel the order because I have been waiting so long to get this and I know the recipent is going to love it even without the bag, but I didn't order the 2nd one and QVC will be a last resort shopping site for me, I do know the bag isn't a big thing and most will think it is my memory, but I know without a doubt it was listed and had a seperate picture at the time I ordered it. It's QVC's handling of it that has me upset with them. I did talk to a supervisor
Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2015 millieshops said:
On 3/20/2015 KYToby said:

Absolutely what probably happened, but I do think OP's idea of taking a screen shot is good because we all feel better when we know for sure we're not being taken advantage of.

OP is accusing QVC of fraud - I can't imagine that. Could someone have sent her the wrong item #, yes. Shipping errors do happen (and definitely that's not limited to QVC) Changing the item specifications, I bet not.

This is true!! I have done this. QVC sometimes has several configurations of same item! It may be old stock. I have even seen a Kitchen Aid Stand mixer have a different # for special colors! When I am on a mission to get product, I research and research. I look at other sites, come back to QVC...pour over their item descriptions. Only to think, I swear they had this product in a certain color. That is when I discover there are sometimes 2 or 3 different #'s, for the same product. But the included items, and power are slightly different for each one. I find this is really true after they have a TSV for that product. You may find their are extra goodies in one, from what is left over from the TSV

Valued Contributor

Hi, Colorow, I put this on my list when I saw it is available and I did see a bag in a picture, but not in the description. The pictures only show the regular beaters, even though they list the different ones. The title name isn't complete either. I didn't order because I am waiting to see what actually comes with this hand mixer.

There are only 3 hand mixers listed on QVC, one 5 speed, one 7 speed and this new listing for a 9 speed ( K42498).

* I saw a preview on David's show just now, Laura was using it and I saw a bag under the accessory beaters, plus they showed a bag behind each color. Maybe it does include the bag?!

Yea, I'm not new, I am just a reader, but I wanted to assure Colorow that she wasn't dreaming.

Respected Contributor

Hi colorow,

So sorry to read about your bait and switch situation.....how sad!!!!!

I know all about bait and switch so if I order an item I make a print out of all the information from the web site with photo's also included as well as everything listed in the product descriptions etc.

Many times I will schedule a particular segment to tape, for future viewing on my TV, and that also helps.

A print out of the actual product detail with the photographs included should suffice providing you can email that information to the company should you need to clarify that it was a bait and switch scenario, and you have the proof to back up that claim. "You did not receive everything as shown and promised on their company web site"".

Too many times this has been done, so once burned, twice all the wiser, and in future good luck!

P.S. Why not notify QVC Corporate since others on this thread have stated your memory was correct and the fault does not lie with you but with QVC. (They should be able to sort it out and advise you, and I have always contacted them when I do not receive an honest reply regarding a dilemma which should not have occurred regardless who was at fault.

As a consumer you should be able to trust that what you see is what you will order, and what you expect to receive with nothing missing at all, and I would also point that out to QVC Corporate, because corporate integrity and honesty is the main reason we shop and QVC should stand behind all their televised airings of video's and products, as well as their web site product detail descriptions which should include everything they are offering to their QVC customer.

Respected Contributor

Sorry colorow but I misplaced QVC Corporates telephone number.

QVC's customer service should be able to connect you or furnish you with it, and perhaps another member on this thread who replied/replies can furnish it......and again good luck!

Occasional Contributor

Update: I taped Sunday's showing of the item, in the preview Dave said it came with a bag but during the presentation nothing was mentioned. I called and spoke to a supervisor telling her QVC needs to work on making everything to match so there is no confusion. She said from the pictures of the item on her end I would definitly get the bag, she guaranteed it. The item came no bag, I called again and asked to speak with a supervisor. All she wanted to do is yell at me because I requested a supervisor, said she would escalate my complaint and I would hear how QVC is going to handle my confusing the mixer models. Again the bag isn't the issue for me it's the customer service, if the had just been straight that they made an error during posting and corrected I would understood. But after 4 calls its still my misunderstanding and I'm the one getting yelled at. Now qvc isn't even worth to be left on my last resort list, I'd rather just do without the item than deal with the possibility of having a problem.