Frequent Contributor
Every now and then, I make gelatin in small cups and add fruit. What gelatin and fruit combos sound good to you? I use... Cherry gelatin and mandarin oranges, lime gelatin and pears, and raspberry gelatin and peaches.
Valued Contributor

Gosh it's been such a long time since I have made any kind of gelatin. My mom used to love to make a molded salad for Thanksgiving (she is big on garnish and color) with orange jello and mandarin oranges, walnuts, celery slices, red grapes halved. It was really pretty when put out on a platter. Tasted good too but over the years people stopped eating it so she stopped making it. I like combos that are "pretty" such as the ones you mentioned.

Frequent Contributor
I think that's one reason I like it. My husband is not a fan so I only make a small package of jello which makes 4 1/2 cup servings. My mom made jello or (usually) pudding in her china dessert cups when I was little and that was always so special to me.
Trusted Contributor

Your combos. sound really nice and yummy, YellowLabMom. Thank you for sharing them with us here.Smile

Yes, my Mom used to make Jello pudding for our family too, back when I was really young.

She used to make chocolate pudding regularly for us.

I think that they only had the kind that you could cook back then.

I don't think that there was any kind of instant pudding back then, as I remember there being the "skin" on the top of the pudding, and then she would serve it with some kind of whipped cream on top.

She would go to the trouble of putting it in some kind of ice cream sundae glasses, too, so it would set up that way. It looked so pretty like that. That was one of my favorite desserts that she made for our family.

Respected Contributor
Strawberry with chopped banana and pecans.
Esteemed Contributor

I like lime and cherry with pineapple or pears or fruit cocktail. You know, Jello is really an old fashioned kind of treat, it gives me a warm fuzzy.

When I say I'm making Jello for a family get together, people say Jello? like it's something foreign{#emotions_dlg.laugh}, but I always take home an empty dish{#emotions_dlg.lol}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

I always get sugarless gelatin so only the fruit has calories, and my favorite is orange gelatin with mandarin oranges ..... and raspberry gelatin with either fruit cocktail or chopped peach slices ..... and just a little smoosh of real whipped cream .... YUM !! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor
My favorite combo is Grape with Pears! Very yummy!
Trusted Contributor

I find gelatin detestable. While I will use unflavored gelatin in some cooking, the thought of where gelatin comes from, combined with nasty artificial-tasting flavors and fluorescent colors is just nasty.

Super Contributor
Lime/pineapple and cherry/banana are two of my favorites.