Honored Contributor

Who's having a Fish Fry tonight???

We are...it's a Lenten tradition...

with haddock, macaroni salad, German potato salad and some fries.

YUM!!!!

(Forgot to mention the slice of rye bread and butter too!)

Respected Contributor

Re: Who's having a Fish Fry tonight???

Sounds good! Hubby and I are going to try a new restaurant that specializes in grilled sandwiches. But we went to lunch today at an Asian place, and he ordered fish and I ordered veggies and noodles, and the girl said, "Oh, I'm glad you got that -- it reminded me no meat for me today!" Smiley Happy Enjoy your fish fry. Sounds fun!!
Honored Contributor

On 3/6/2015 FUTURE said: Sounds good! Hubby and I are going to try a new restaurant that specializes in grilled sandwiches. But we went to lunch today at an Asian place, and he ordered fish and I ordered veggies and noodles, and the girl said, "Oh, I'm glad you got that -- it reminded me no meat for me today!" Smiley Happy Enjoy your fish fry. Sounds fun!!

Hi Future! We are Catholic and hubby reminded me today no chicken. I'm having fish for dinner and had shrimp for lunch. Have a great weekend!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

Hi terrier!

Today is our 6th wedding anniversary. DH loves fried fish, so I went to the market to pick some up and they were out. I got him a steak instead, and crab legs for me.

I don't make it because I don't fry anything.

Does that count?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

I would LOVE a fish fry! We just came in from dinner out, and I regretfully passed on the fish fry (too many calories)! My son is getting married in May and I am working on losing weight. But I hear you on the fish fry, its the best!

Honored Contributor

We haddock on the weekend.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Terrier. We had fish tonight but not fried. I did baked cod coated with panko crumbs, parmesan cheese and diced tomatoes. Sides were brown rice with broccoli and a salad.

Honored Contributor

We had lobster bisque, broiled scallops, baked fries and applesauce with a green salad. I am soooo stuffed.

We usually have some sort of seafood at least once a week. Mmmm we love it.

Honored Contributor

Ugh I spaced out it was Friday because my husband had the day off of work and had a brisket sandwich when I went to lunch with him. sigh.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor

I have fond memories of going out for a fish fry with my family. That was such a big deal for us kids. Growing up in Buffalo, we had many great places to choose from. My parents are now gone and it's nice to reminisce about those happy times. Moved away almost 29 years ago, but whenever my husband and I go back for a visit, we look up the old places, some of which, surprisingly are still in business. We finally found a place where we now live that has a decent fish fry, but unfortunately they do not serve rye bread and butter. I'm pretty sure that's a Buffalo tradition. Thanks for the memories!