Valued Contributor

Ooopsie! Minor Casualty On Kitchen Unlimited Just Now?

I just happened to pop in on the Kitchen Unlimited With Carolyn show and the vendor presenting the pair of santouka (sp?) knives had a towel wrapped around his left index finger concealing it. He was holding the knife w/ his right hand. Another finger (left hand) had a nice slice on it, too! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

The guy was very smooth and covered nicely! 'Same with Carolyn. She announced they were cutting the presentation short b/c the item is so popular! The guy had his bloody hand behind his back by this time! 'Gotta love live tv Smiley Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Honored Contributor

Re: Ooopsie! Minor Casualty On Kitchen Unlimited Just Now?

I'm certain you are not taking joy in him cutting himself (nor would I), but it's interesting how we will expect everything to go perfectly, isn't it? I have very good knife skills but I'm also a klutz so I cut myself regularly.

Guess his knives are sharp, eh? Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Gosh, no! 'Not taking joy in an injury! It didn't look very bad, and he really did go on with the show covering nicely! Great job!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Honored Contributor

Oh I know. I hope you didn't think I was meaning that. Smiley Happy Good for him being a trooper. Owie for the cuts! Cuts from a brand new, sharp knife go deep fast and hurt bad. He'll be bandaged up by his next presentation.

I haven't seen this yet but I have a feeling they will sell even more of them now.

Regular Contributor

Most of my knives are not very sharp. They are ones that are in a wood block and didn't cost lots of money. I have one knife that has its own cover and it is sharp. Yesterday I almost cut off the tip of one of my fingers. I think that I'll stick with the semi-sharp knives and save a trip to the ER.

Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2015 toodles11 said:

Most of my knives are not very sharp. They are ones that are in a wood block and didn't cost lots of money. I have one knife that has its own cover and it is sharp. Yesterday I almost cut off the tip of one of my fingers. I think that I'll stick with the semi-sharp knives and save a trip to the ER.

Youch! Sorry you got nailed.

But, honestly, once you get used to using sharp knives you'll cut yourself much less. You get used to letting the knife doing the work and not having to press as long and hard. I used to do the same thing - keep 'em kind of dull. But I really did cut myself a lot more back then. Now I get the occasional cut but I use sharp knives and the only thing that the equation has in common is that I'm a major klutz.

Respected Contributor

They say dull knives are more dangerous than sharp knives, but Have cut myself way more times with new sharp knives.