Regular Contributor
Host a party every year. Looking for some new recipes or ideas just to change things up. Always make corned beef/cabbage , seafood chowder, and irish soda bread. Any new thoughts. Thanks!!!!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: St. Pattys Day menu?????

Trader Joe's sells the best corned beef I have ever tasted. They only have it around St Patrick's Day.

Frequent Contributor

Hasselback potatoes

Respected Contributor

Point cut corned beef and cabbage Colcannon style.

Nice Irish American NYC type St. Patrick's Day Food Fare.

(Colcannon though is an Irish mashed potatoes and cabbage with scallions and butter type of food served).

I think I will also make an Irish Soda Bread too.

Honored Contributor

There must be more to Irish cuisine that corned beef and cabbage.

Respected Contributor

On 3/3/2015 DiAnne said:

Trader Joe's sells the best corned beef I have ever tasted. They only have it around St Patrick's Day.

Hey DiAnne,

I posted a tried and truly fool proof Peking Duck recipe on your thread which the web site addy I included displays step by step instructions, and photographs.

This Peking Duck recipe is just as delicious as any Chinatown Peking Duck Recipe, and I have made it many times using both versions. It always comes out absolutely delicious.

I hope if it interests you that you will try and like it too{#emotions_dlg.w00t}.

BTW Happy St. Paddy's Day my friend!

Honored Contributor

Hamburger Patty's.

Valued Contributor

I've been to Ireland 4 times and never had corned beef and cabbage there but make it every year for St Patrick's Day.
Respected Contributor

On 3/3/2015 chrystaltree said:

There must be more to Irish cuisine that corned beef and cabbage.

Perhaps you and others will find this interesting to read:

http://www.history.com/news/hungry-history/corned-beef-and-cabbage-as-irish-as-spaghetti-and-meatbal...

Respected Contributor

On 3/3/2015 ballyk said: I've been to Ireland 4 times and never had corned beef and cabbage there but make it every year for St Patrick's Day.

Ditto because it is a New York Irish created dish and not served or celebrated in Ireland.

Been there too and knew they do not serve Corned Beef and Cabbage nor celebrate St, Paddy's Day.

Maybe they do now in March of 2015, but they sure did not each time we visited Ireland.

http://www.history.com/news/hungry-history/corned-beef-and-cabbage-as-irish-as-spaghetti-and-meatbal...