Valued Contributor

What's cook this Marvelous March at your house?

Spring Clip ArtMorning all,

Yes, Spring is coming. Hang in there. Heard some birds this morning singing.

We have had rain turning to ice this morning. I had a much needed hair appointment early this morning but had to cancel Smiley Sad . Just didn't want to take the chance. BUT it is to warm up later today to 40, go figure!

Going to try to work on this weight gained over the holidays. Trying to get DH to participate. You should see him roll his eyes. I banned the morning cookies with coffee.

We arrived home Sunday night around 9:00. Tired and weary of two days of travel. I'm still dealing with unpacking. How did I accumulate so much "stuff"?

Cats are so happy to see us! Just purring and hang around close by. Garbo is on my lap as I type this. She is loudly purring. Mackie sleeps with us each night and she kissed my nose the first night. I think that meant welcome back.

Have cube steak and hamburger thawed from my new supply of beef. Anxious to try it. My upright freezer is half full of meat.

Hope this crazy weather breaks soon and Spring blows in quickly.

Best to all, enjoy this day.

Honored Contributor

Re: What's cook this Marvelous March at your house?

Happy March and Welcome Home!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Welcome Home Soushi. Glad you made it home safe and sound.

Haven't been around for a few days. My pc was full of bugs and Staples is sure short handed these days. Not at all happy with them as my past experience has been super positive with them. Yesterday decided to get a laptop. Am having a difficult time using it. Keyboard is the pits in my estimation. Cannot hit the correct keys. And of course am having a hard time trying to figure out how to get things on this thing. No am NOT giving up on my desktop - sure do like it better but it is OLD and having some problems on it due to that.

Am going to make this short - am messing everything up as I type. Mercy me. Have a great day everyone.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, didn't go to O'Hare today, what with the sleet, freezing rain, snow, etc thought it best to stay home

Welcome home Soushi, glad you made it safely & started March off, your weather much like mine, UGH!

Winifred you'll like your laptop, I never thought I would but got used to it, takes time

Preds, Happy March to you

Have some leftover pork chops in onion soup gravy, will make some mashed, so easy supper tonite

Take Care

Trusted Contributor

On 3/3/2015 Winifred said:

Welcome Home Soushi. Glad you made it home safe and sound.

Haven't been around for a few days. My pc was full of bugs and Staples is sure short handed these days. Not at all happy with them as my past experience has been super positive with them. Yesterday decided to get a laptop. Am having a difficult time using it. Keyboard is the pits in my estimation. Cannot hit the correct keys. And of course am having a hard time trying to figure out how to get things on this thing. No am NOT giving up on my desktop - sure do like it better but it is OLD and having some problems on it due to that.

Am going to make this short - am messing everything up as I type. Mercy me. Have a great day everyone.

Good luck, Winifred, on becoming accustomed to your laptop keyboard! I know exactly how frustrated you must be. {#emotions_dlg.crying} I am on my third laptop in probably 8 or 9 years and I STILL haven't adapted to the keyboard!! I also kept my desktop (it's sick as well with a virus which I never bothered to have cleaned) but had no problems with the feel of its keyboard. I think the desktop keyboard had a bit of indentation and the keys on the laptop are totally level. And whoever thought it was a great idea to put the Caps Lock and Shift keys right next to each other was a nut! When I look up at my screen, words and letters that should be in the lower case are upper cased and vice versa. Arrrrgh! But I do like the portability convenience of a laptop (and even moreso with my tablet). Good luck-- hopefully, you will become better on your laptop keyboard than I have!

Valued Contributor

Okay, trying to get back on low carb and taking DH with me. Found this on Pinterest and it is so good, so simple. 2 cups whipping cream Any flavor sugar free pudding Beat with mixer That's it! Very rich and filling. Can freeze it for ice cream. Love it
Respected Contributor

Good Afternoon

Soushi that whipping cream/pudding mix sounds really good, I put the cream on my list

Weather here not bad today, but down below 0 tonite, hope this is the end of it.

Was supposed to meet my niece at O'Hare tomorrow, however DFW airport weather is, get this, freezing rain, sleet, snow, so she doesn't know if her flight will happen, will just have to wait & see. Weird weather all over the Country these days

Tonite is Italian Sausage, McCains potato wedges, salad, quick & easy

Winifred hope the laptop is getting better, I agree with Vabreeze, but keep at it

Take Care

Respected Contributor

I do NOT like the laptop. But I guess I am stuck with it. The keyboard is the ultimate PITS!!!!!! Hey typing was a thing of glory with me the many years I worked at the newspaper - I did other things also but it was typing that I L O V E D. Do not like that stupid laptop. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

At any rate, stay warm - Davey, Tessa and I ate at Gus Jr's in Banning - I ordered ONLY their fried zucchini and a cup of coffee. Tessa had an enormous burrito and Davey had a cheese quesadilla - spelling???? By the way their fried zucchini is unbelievably good!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Evening all,

Went the pain doctor today to schedule another pain shot. Will be later on this month. Just wish this pain would stop!

Dinner tonight was cube steak, brussel sprouts, and salad.

Have you tried taking frozen brussel sprouts in a small fry pan that has been coated with butter? Sprinkle with garlic salt and then brown. Cover and cook until just done. So good!

Confession...I cheated today and had 2 cookies! Hanging my head in shame. Haven't told DH yet as I have been keeping him in line with low cab. Feeling guilty.

Okay, where is everyone? Please stop by, we would love to hear from you.

Respected Contributor

Did no cooking yesterday - everyone was going in different directions and decided each would find their own way to the food. LOL. Put the dishwasher on when I crashed last night - got up this morning and the sink is full of dishes and a ton of silverware. This will have to stop - just drives me insane. Never have liked getting up to a dirty kitchen and they do not need to eat half the night and they had to pull some of the silverware out of the washer but could not put the clean dishes up in the cabinets. Grrr. Hate having to gripe every single day of my life but that seems to be the norm with these people. And I know ALL were raised better.

Am planning to fix dinner for tonight but as of yet, have not figured out just what it will be - perhaps a good roast. Am really tired of chicken but everyone else really loves the chicken.

Soushi, have never tried brussel sprouts fixed like that but being a veggie eater and freezing most of my veggies makes perfect sense to me. Guess it is because I rarely eat brussel sprouts - need to try some - been a long time for that veggie. I have done something similar with broccoli however and other veggies. LOVE fried veggies.

I think the world is going nuts - well it is - but a lot has transferred out here. It is a daily thing now - turn the tv on to the news early in the morning and yet another shooting/killing or wreck/killing has occurred. Just insane. Too many concern police officers which has really bothers me.

OK people, I agree with Soushi, stop by as we love to hear from everyone - also let us know what you are cooking. If you don't want to do that, stop by anyway.

Have a great day everyone.