Respected Contributor

Just made my stuffed meatloaf recipe with garlic mashed and stringbeans for an early dinner

My Stuffed Meatloaf Recipe

Ingredients:

2 lbs ground meat of your choice.

I used 1 lb ground beef with 1 lb home made Greek sausage meat.

Panko or home made bread crumbs sprinkled in as a binder. (I make my own)

1 beaten egg and 1 tablespoon water.

Dried or fresh spices of your choice..... I used diced onion, ground pepper, basil, red pepper flakes, home made smoked paprika, sweet Hungarian paprika, Greek oregano, Greek mint and dill. Parsley flakes and some freshly grated Parmesan cheese. I also put in a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce for additonal flavoring. (Sometimes I will add some Lipton onion soup to the mix if i desire).

I mix this meatloaf mixture well using my hands since they mix the best. Then I also add 1 tablespoon water which makes the mixture moist and mix again. Now I let it sit in the refrigerator while I prepare the filling.

Filling Mixture:

(Use just a touch of olive oil to saute the filling).

Spinach well drained so no liquid is dripping. Saute spinach dry for a few minutes then add a few drops olive oil to the mixture along with 1 can of well drained sliced mushrooms, and about 10 diced Kalamata Greek olives, or olives of your choice. Saute for a few minutes on low heat so flavors meld together.

To the mixture off the stove add some sprinkled crumbled cheese of your choice....I use Greek Feta Cheese, and mix the entire filling well to incorporate all the flavors. This mixture is wonderful, very tasty, and makes a gorgeous presentation when you slice the meatloaf.

Assembly:

Lay 1/2 of the meat mixture formed into a round circle on to parchment paper. With your hands add some more mixture to the sides all the way around so they form a higher area to hold the inside mixture. Now add your well drained cooked filling leaving about a one inch meat border all around. With a spoon lightly press the filling into place. Now add the rest of your meat mixture working it well into a round well formed sealed meatloaf .

Gently take the meatloaf with the parchment paper and turn it very carefully and gently on to a wire rack. Now place a pan underneath to catch the fat and drippings.

Bake Time:

Bake in oven at 350 degrees uncovered for about 40 minutes, then raise oven temp to 400 degrees and continue to bake about 20 minutes longer and until the meatloaf registers a minimum of 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer.

(You want the meatloaf to get that lovely rich dark caramelized color on the outside, and be thoroughly cooked on the inside.

Place carefully on presentation platter and let sit and rest for a few minutes then slice and serve using 2 spatulas to carefully ensure the meatloaf is transferred to plates without breaking apart prematurely.

I served this with garlic mashed potatoes.

I hope you will enjoy making my meatloaf recipe , and this also can be served the next day and taste even more delicious.

Respected Contributor

Re: Just made my stuffed meatloaf recipe with garlic mashed and stringbeans for an early dinner

aah cold meatloaf sandwich, almost better than the "original" Thanx Adore, going to do this soon

Trusted Contributor

Re: Just made my stuffed meatloaf recipe with garlic mashed and stringbeans for an early dinner

This sounds delicious!

Super Contributor

Are you inviting us all to dinner? Sounds delicious!

Respected Contributor

One of my favorites! I just posted about it on another thread. Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Trusted Contributor

Yum!!! Comfort food at its finest! Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hello to all my pals....Many thanks for all of your lovely kind replies.

This meal was really delicious, and definitely deserves being in the comfort food category.

I hope you will all try my meatloaf recipe, but of course you can also use your own filling preferences. You can also make my recipe using your own meat loaf pan preferences too.

We just returned home from visiting friends, and I am so happy to read all of your lovely replies.

I have yummy leftovers in the refrigerator, so anyone wanting some some just follow your nose{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}.

Happy Saturday evening to all my QVC pals, and good eating to all.

Trusted Contributor

I'll stick with my own recipe. Sounds like way too much trouble to me!!

Respected Contributor

On 2/28/2015 Junebug54 said:

I'll stick with my own recipe. Sounds like way too much trouble to me!!

Junebug54,

Please do stick to whichever recipe you prefer.

After all it is a free country and no one is forcing you to do anything you are not capable of doing, or wishing to do.

Its called the legal right of free choice.

It is the taste that counts and every good cook knows delicious recipes are many times worth the extra effort required to create them, because some items require understanding of taking pleasure in creating something wonderful and satisfying, which is worth the effort.

My family, friends, and guests are all definitely worth whatever it takes to create a delicious satisfying meal, and all my QVC pals already know that.

Many also prepare many recipes which also are a bit time consuming, but extremely delicious and satisfying.

Satisfaction and hard work in creative kitchen preparation and execution are always rewarded in so many different ways........and the extreme pleasure I receive is when I know and hear family and others ask for seconds, tell me the meal was very delicious, or personally ask for the recipe........then I know it was all worth any effort and gives me extreme personal happiness and satisfaction.

One should take great personal pride in doing something worth while for themselves and others, even if it does take a little more time and effort......because caring about what you do for yourself, as well as for others is all that really counts.

Honored Contributor

Adore, that sounds wonderful - you're making me hungry. I'm going to try it soon. Thanks for posting!