Esteemed Contributor

BJs and Costco...Anything New?

I belong to both, but I haven't been to either in a few weeks (months for Costco).

Is there anything new I should be gaga over?

From BJs, I regularly buy the ground chicken, bagged kale, Halls, frozen salmon burgers and mirepoix.

From Costco, I buy ground turkey and the rotisserie chicken.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: BJs and Costco...Anything New?

Cleaning products (BJs)

Frozen flounder (BJs)

Respected Contributor

I go to Costco once a month and buy the same 15 things, haha. Sorry I can't help. Just wondering, do you really use that many Halls that you buy it in bulk?
Super Contributor

No help from me, either. Do you have the Costco app for your phone? It's gotten better. It shows the current specials.

Produce-wise, I mainly buy organic so Costco is not a good source for me. They used to carry organic spinach, now it's the chemical-laden kind. No way am I going to feed that to my family.

I got hooked on their Namaste gluten-free flour mix, but they discontinued that as well as other things I used to buy. So, TP and paper towels it is. Nada mas. - Bird

Regular Contributor

Spring/summer stuff starting to appear(grills, outdoor furniture, bathing suits etc.). A few months ago I noticed BJ's is selling their own brand of ready made meals, haven't tried any yet, we love the Costco Mac&cheese. Oh, BJ's is also selling more of their house brand cleaning products(they used to have then stopped, have brought them back) like laundry detergent, auto dishwasher tabs. Tried these, on special, they work pretty well.

Honored Contributor

I love the Berkeley and Jenson laundry pods at BJ's. I bought some a few months ago to try out (with a $3 off coupon) and they're great. I'm heading to my local BJ's today to pick up my normal stuff (butter, tea bags, flounder, flour, etc.) and see what and all else they may have. I've got a relatively short list this month, so I can splurge a little on anything special I find.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/27/2015 scatcat said: I go to Costco once a month and buy the same 15 things, haha. Sorry I can't help. Just wondering, do you really use that many Halls that you buy it in bulk?

Scat, during allergy season, the combination of OTC allergy medicines I used worked but dried my mouth out terribly, which resulted in a dry cough.

One morning, DH said "Babe, you need some old school Halls." I picked up a small bag and they worked great.

Allergy season is over, but I'm hook on Halls! I go through the bulk bag of 200 in a week or two.

Valued Contributor

I got 3 huge rolls of press and seal for about 10 dollars!
Honored Contributor

Corned beef is available right now.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

200 a week? Oh my. Wow.