Valued Contributor

I made some cookies, they turned out delicious!!!!

In this family the husband does 90% of the cooking but every once in awhile I get a wild hair and get in there...this is what I made.Sorry I can't remember where I saw this recipe at but it turns out delicious cookies.

1 box of spice flavored cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/4 c oil, 1/4 c molasses.

Stir all together until combined. Make balls and roll in sugar. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. once you remove them from the oven sprinkle more sugar on them if you like. Leave sit on the hot pan for at least 3 minutes after you take them from the oven.

That's it!!! Soft and chewy and delicious!!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: I made some cookies, they turned out delicious!!!!

How nice, gulf coast girl! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

This sounds like an interesting recipe. I don't care for molasses, but was wondering if I could substitute honey for it? It certainly sounds like an easy enough recipe to try. Thanks!

Member Since 11/20/2008
Valued Contributor

Hi Divine I wouldn't have any idea, cooking/baking is not what I'm good at. What am I good at actually...{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Trusted Contributor

On 2/27/2015 gulf coast girl said:

Hi Divine I wouldn't have any idea, cooking/baking is not what I'm good at. What am I good at actually...{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Awww....I'm sure you're good at lots of things!!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} And you DID make these delicious cookies. That is definitely something good. lol...

Member Since 11/20/2008
Valued Contributor

Thanks

Respected Contributor

Yum!

Honored Contributor

I like to use molasses because it has a hint of ginger snap cookie flavor, which I love. Thanks for this very easy recipe!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

They are YUM FastDog, I don't have much of a sweet tooth but these are real good with a glass of milk. You're welcome Romary, you're gonna love them.

Honored Contributor

p.s. Many of the 'fancy' high-priced bakery (and other) cookies most likely aren't anywhere near as good as these!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

BTW, has anyone priced biscotti lately (actually for a number of years)? So easy to make them, when one has the time. Lots of 'easy biscotti' recipes on the Web.