Honored Contributor

candy, calling for Rice krispies and chocolate ?

Thanks !

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anybody have a recipe for

There are too many varieties on Pinterest to post. Do you just want rice krispies in chocolate?

Honored Contributor

Already found that one. Guess that's the only one there is. I was trying to find something like those Krackle candy bars, but, guess the only one out there is the Krispie treats using butter, marshmallows, choc chips and the cereal.

Esteemed Contributor

Chocolate Peanut Butter Krackle Candy Bar

Ingredients

· 1 package peanut butter chips

· 1 tablespoons shortening

· 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips

· 2 cups rice krispies (I used the gluten-free version)

Directions

1. Cover a cookie sheet with foil.

2. Melt the peanut butter chips and shortening in a glass bowl in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir and then microwave for 15 - 20 seconds. Stir again and microwave a little longer if necessary. Once melted stir in 1 cup of the rice krispies.

3. Melt the chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir and then microwave for 15 - 20 seconds. Stir again and microwave a little longer if necessary. Once melted stir in 1 cup of the rice krispies.

4. Alternate spooning the melted chocolate chips and melted peanut butter chips on to the cookie sheet. Then use a spatula to semi blend the two and spread it evenly over the foil.

5. Let sit for 2 hours to firm up or put it in the freezer for 10 minutes. Use a pizza cutter to divide the candy in half lengthwise. Then cut the candy in 2 inch wide bars.

6. Use foil from cookie sheet to wrap individual candy bars. You can store candy bars in the freezer.

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Hey, that sounds good. Really does. No lie. Will print it out and I thank you for your time.

Trusted Contributor

Sharke, if you want something like a Krackle candy bar I would think you could melt chocolate chips (milk if you want it like the candy bar, or dark) and mix in Rice Krispies, then spread out on a parchment or foil lined pan to cool then cut in bars. You'd want to use more chocolate than cereal to make it more like the candy bar.

Or is this what you said you already found a recipe for?

Honored Contributor

No, the only recipe I had found was the original Kellogg's with the addition of melted choc chips. Original plain recipe is butter, marshmallows added. My husband loves peanut butter so I think he will like this one.

Valued Contributor

I make the original RK Treat recipe, but add peanut butter. When cooled, I drizzle with white and chocolate swirls. When hardened, just cut into bars.

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

yep, krispies just ain't for breakfast anymore looks like.

http://www.somethingswanky.com/50-rice-krispie-treats/