Honored Contributor

I have a duck defrosting in fridge. I order duck often in restaurants but don't cook them at home. Anyone have any suggestions? I need all the help and direction I can get with this!

Trusted Contributor

I use this recipe:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/crisp-roast-duck-235744

It's simple, comes out dark brown with crispy skin, and tastes great. The only change to the recipe that I recommend is to cut out the last flip and 45 minutes of cooking time.

I also recommend serving with a baked sweet potato and roasted Brussels sprouts.

Respected Contributor

I love to rotisserie them on the Ron Popeil thing..Then I do cherry sauce, usually...

Esteemed Contributor

They drain a lot of fat, so I would suggest you put it up on a rack. But I haven't done a duck in a long time. I like mine with orange sauce, but I don't have any tried & true recipes.

I would just salt & pepper the outside. Duck doesn't need anything fancy, except for the sauce, I don't think.

Respected Contributor

I love roast duck with orange sauce. Have yet to try one at home. Maybe next holiday season.

Respected Contributor

YEs, a LOT of fat- when I rotisserie it, I p*rick it all over with the tip of a knife....

Trusted Contributor

Ina has a wonderful and easy recipe. Check out her web site.

Boop

Honored Contributor
On 2/27/2015 Mothertrucker said:

YEs, a LOT of fat- when I rotisserie it, I p*rick it all over with the tip of a knife....

Yup.....splatters fat really fierce!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

Stick the breast all over, with a fork, turn it breast side down on a rack, when almost done turn up to brown.

We like duck stuffed with rinsed and drained saurkraut.

Not applicable

Try the website...THE HUNGRY MOUSE.. the best way to roast a duck. I have used that method without fail everytime. Very time consuming but worth every bite after.