Super Contributor

Got the Oven & have it set up to go - my first question is.....How do I fix the Lobster - the book really doesn't help, except to use "super steam". Could you tell me how you do yours, please? I have never bought Lobster or prepared one.

Super Contributor

Hi Txblond,

I used cold water lobster tails typically 4-5 oz each that were frozen but I thawed them out first. I then cut the shell down the middle with Kuhn Rikon shears (easiest of any I have) and then got the lobster meat out and used a little Old Bay and a pat of butter on them and laid them in a small 8x8 pan. I then cooked them with supersteam at 220F for 3 minutes and their internal temp should be at least 135F. If not try only 1 minute at a time more..

Super Contributor

Txblond, do you have any more questions re the Steam Oven?

Trusted Contributor

What ""steam oven"". I can't find any on the website. Did it sell out?

Super Contributor
On 2/27/2015 NYwoman said:

What ""steam oven"". I can't find any on the website. Did it sell out?

Possibly but it is available on Amazon and Kohls and ...It has a 3 yr Cuisinart warranty and I have discussed it quite a bit on this forum.

Super Contributor

4uthebest - Thanks for the Lobster info. I haven't had a chance to experiment much with my new Oven, but maybe the coming week will be better. The weather has been such a mess around the DFW area, haven't even been to the Groc. store.

I do plan on trying Brown Rice in the oven this eve., using the instructions in the book. I'm sure I will be seeking your advice on different things as I go along. I just use 1 cup of rice, since there are only two of us- will adjust the water accordingly, of course.

By the way, does the little "burner" icon on your oven display illuminate in any way? The book says its supposed to, but my icon doesn't change.

Feel free to let me know anything you think will be helpful - I look forward to the input.

Super Contributor
On 2/28/2015 Txblond said:

4uthebest - Thanks for the Lobster info. I haven't had a chance to experiment much with my new Oven, but maybe the coming week will be better. The weather has been such a mess around the DFW area, haven't even been to the Groc. store.

I do plan on trying Brown Rice in the oven this eve., using the instructions in the book. I'm sure I will be seeking your advice on different things as I go along. I just use 1 cup of rice, since there are only two of us- will adjust the water accordingly, of course.

By the way, does the little "burner" icon on your oven display illuminate in any way? The book says its supposed to, but my icon doesn't change.

Feel free to let me know anything you think will be helpful - I look forward to the input.

Hi Txblond, yes I heard about your weather.crazy global warming LOL..

I really have not tried rice of any sort since I have a fuzzy logic rice cooker but I am sure it will be great as Cuisinart has a pretty good test kitchen.

I do see the little indicator light up and tell what direction the heat is coming from.. for example with broiling there is a straight line with curves under it showing the heat is radiating down from the top. Baking I believe is from top and bottom as the indicator gets another row off curves.

Super Contributor

Hi 4uthebest- My brown rice & cauliflower I steamed in the oven came out real good. I made the Smothered Chicken in the little WP rice maker to have with the rest of it & was pleased with all.

I wanted to ask if you had ever done a Pork Tenderloin in the oven. I buy a whole one & then cut it in half, since its just for DH & me. Not sure which program to use.

Also, do you ever find any small puddles of water on the oven floor after steaming? Not a big problem, but just wanted to know if that was normal.

Hope you had a nice weekend!

Super Contributor
On 3/2/2015 Txblond said:

Hi 4uthebest- My brown rice & cauliflower I steamed in the oven came out real good. I made the Smothered Chicken in the little WP rice maker to have with the rest of it & was pleased with all.

I wanted to ask if you had ever done a Pork Tenderloin in the oven. I buy a whole one & then cut it in half, since its just for DH & me. Not sure which program to use.

Also, do you ever find any small puddles of water on the oven floor after steaming? Not a big problem, but just wanted to know if that was normal.

Hope you had a nice weekend!

Hi Txblond, just getting back on here now.. Pork Tenderloin I would do in the steam bake mode --and finish it in steam broil.

Sure I always have a bit of water on the floor when using steam functions and pans that do not completely cover all the rack area. Of course the bottom tray which is made to catch water will always have some water when using any steam functions.

When you use self clean steam 210F 30 min (default setting) you will have water on all surfaces to wipe down.

BTW I virtually never cook to time and always to temperature and I want the internal temp of my pork loin to be 145F +/- 2 degrees.

Super Contributor

4uthebest - Thanks for the info on the Pork Tenderloin - I hope to try it over the weekend. We have been eating leftovers for the last couple of days - still good. Using the temp. to judge when the meat is done is a good tip.

Just out of curiosity - why did you return two of the WP Ovens? It seems to have good reviews.