Respected Contributor

Paging **** Lynnj *** re: Pressure Cooker Cookbook

Lynnj, we discussed Marian Getz's Pressure Cooker Cookbook on the WP rice cooker thread. Received my book today.

Unfortunately, I'm not as impressed with the PC book as much as the RC book. Many recipes have a quite lengthy list of ingredients and some are not to my taste at all. I'll probably keep it because I'm too lazy to send it back, but wish it was as "user-friendly" as the rice cooker cookbook.

JMHO.

Denise
Super Contributor

Re: Paging **** Lynnj *** re: Pressure Cooker Cookbook

Awe, that is so sweet of you to page me for an update. Thanks so much for sharing your opinion. It sounds like this wouldnt be a good option for me. Now what we need to do is figure out how to translate the RC receipes to PC, then create a book on our own. Bet we would sell millions, lol. Thanks so much for remembering my request for opinion. Take care.
Honored Contributor

I like the RC cookbook for the little WP rice cooker. Glad to know the PC cookbook is not as good. I just bought The Great Big Pressure Cooker Book"" by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough from Amazon. It should be here tomorrow. It got delayed by snow in Tn & Ar. The reviews on Q are not so good but it has good reviews on Amazon. Guess I will see if it has some good recipes or not. From the index in the book it looks like it has some good recipes. You can see inside the book on Amazon if you are interested in a PC cookbook.

Trusted Contributor

I JUST got the Weinstein book delivered the other day and, so far, have not found a lot that I would make. It kind of makes me think that I finally have too many cookbooks and if I would make a third of the recipes I like, I wouldn't keeo buying new ones. But, I am sure I will find something new to try. And, I also agree - the new little RC cookbook is great! I had bought the older one by Deb Murray, who used to be with WP before Marian joined him, and it wasn't as good, in my opinion. This new one has lots of good sounding things to try. And, enough examples of things so that I can make up my own meals.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like we need to make a club of "few, ordinary ingredients with great taste" meals. That's why I love the Simply the Best Rice Cooker Cookbook. Too bad I didn't find the PC cookbook as helpful.

I do like Bob Warden's PC cookbook (except for the PC lasagna).

Denise
Super Contributor

On 2/26/2015 denisemb said:

Sounds like we need to make a club of "few, ordinary ingredients with great taste" meals. That's why I love the Simply the Best Rice Cooker Cookbook. Too bad I didn't find the PC cookbook as helpful.

I do like Bob Warden's PC cookbook (except for the PC lasagna).

I think I hit on something with our new cookbook idea! I really need to take out Bobs book again and take another look. It's been about a year since I last used it and now I am tempted to try things out again.