Honored Contributor

ChickenButt: A Slow Cooker Question

Hi there, CB {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I don't know if you ever use a slow cooker or not, but I've been looking into the new cookers and new cookbooks to go with.

My daughter gave me a healthy slow cooker cookbook for Christmas, and one that is all Mediterranean recipes for the slow cooker.

I have a fairly new 7qt cooker, and a not-fancy 4 qt, but decided to get a new 5 qt which has always been my workhorse choice. Just ordered one from Targert, a Belle, I think it is.

I thought it might make things easier on me, cookingwise. I'm usually tired by the time 4 in the afternoon rolls around, so at least with a slow cooker, I could get dinner going while I still have energy.

How about you, my friend?

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Re: ChickenButt: A Slow Cooker Question

I'll add my 2 cents even though I'm not who you asked. I cook for one and enjoy using a slow cooker a lot. I have a very small one and also a 4(?) quart. They are great. I think I'm making Swiss Steak tomorrow. Love the aroma of food cooking all day.

Honored Contributor

What do you like to make in yours? I haven't used mine in a while. I have a tall one that was my MIL's from the late 70's. It is a Rival with mushrooms on it, hahahaha. Hopefully CB will see your post and give you an answer

Frequent Contributor

What is the name of the Mediterranean one? I have been looking for a Mediterranean slow cooker cook book.
Honored Contributor

The title of this thread made me .

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 Daysdee said:

I'll add my 2 cents even though I'm not who you asked. I cook for one and enjoy using a slow cooker a lot. I have a very small one and also a 4(?) quart. They are great. I think I'm making Swiss Steak tomorrow. Love the aroma of food cooking all day.

I'm always glad to hear from all cooks

I am so with you about the aroma all day! Swiss steak sounds good!

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 shoekitty said:

What do you like to make in yours? I haven't used mine in a while. I have a tall one that was my MIL's from the late 70's. It is a Rival with mushrooms on it, hahahaha. Hopefully CB will see your post and give you an answer

Hi showkitty Smile I think my first one (5qt) may go back almost that far! The last time I used it, I could tell it was no longer cooking evenly, it seemed to have a hot spot. I kept telling myself I'd start using a slow cooker again during this winter.

Oddly enough, the Bay Area has had no real winter (or rain), but I decided to get to my project anyway.

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 periwinklerocket said: What is the name of the Mediterranean one? I have been looking for a Mediterranean slow cooker cook book.

Shoot, now I can't find it. I'll see if my daughter was looking at it and get back to you with the information.

She also got me "The New Indian Slow Cooker" by Neela Paniz. She knows I really like Indian food, too, and a slow cooker is perfect for making dal.

Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2015 brewhaha said:

The title of this thread made me .

Frequent Contributor

Thanks.