Super Contributor

Will Ninja Multi-cookers come back?

Forgive me if this has been discussed somewhere already, but I can not seem to find it. Several months ago, the Ninja multi-cooker that I had in my wish list just disappeared. When I tried to find them on the QVC website, they appeared to have been removed. Was there a problem with these devices that necessitated their recall and/or removal? Does anyone know if they will be offered in the future? I really wanted to get one of these. Smiley Sad
Frequent Contributor

Re: Will Ninja Multi-cookers come back?

Is that the 4-in-1 cooking system? I don't know if it will be offered again but would love to have it in stainless steel. I was waitlisted when it first aired but never got it.
Esteemed Contributor

Be happy you didn't spend $159 for this cooker like I did - it's big - it's heavy - and it's a lousy slow cooker. Light weight lid plus a steam escape hole in the lid allows liquid to boil away (thermostat runs too hot - can't control a nice even temp) - ruined a $20 ++ corned beef.

They did you a favor by pulling it from inventory - there are better products out there.

Respected Contributor

I have a Nesco. It roasts and does slow cooking. The Q does offer this in a couple of different sizes. Other vendors also carry it. ""Google"" it and see if this might be the ticket for you. I like its versatility. My model is the 18 Qt. capacity in red with the porcelain enamel insert which I prefer to any non stick.

If you do purchase one be sure to follow the directions that come with it before using so that you get rid of the materials around the heating element that need to ""burn off"" or ""cure.""

Honored Contributor

I love my 3-in-1, but I haven't used it as a slow cooker. By the way, they're available on Amazon, if that works for you.

Respected Contributor

On 2/24/2015 fthunt said:

Be happy you didn't spend $159 for this cooker like I did - it's big - it's heavy - and it's a lousy slow cooker. Light weight lid plus a steam escape hole in the lid allows liquid to boil away (thermostat runs too hot - can't control a nice even temp) - ruined a $20 ++ corned beef.

They did you a favor by pulling it from inventory - there are better products out there.

They are in stores like WalMart and Kohls, so take a look in person. As for the slow cooker function, bung up the hole. Just put some tin foil or paper towel in it. I always do when I don't want moisture escaping. It works and is a cheap fix for this issue.

Super Contributor

Ahhhh.....now see? That is invaluable information to have! I really appreciate you letting me know that. I would not have thought about that kind of problem at all! Thanks so much!
Super Contributor

On 2/24/2015 aroc34 said:

I have a Nesco. It roasts and does slow cooking. The Q does offer this in a couple of different sizes. Other vendors also carry it. "Google" it and see if this might be the ticket for you. I like its versatility. My model is the 18 Qt. capacity in red with the porcelain enamel insert which I prefer to any non stick.

If you do purchase one be sure to follow the directions that come with it before using so that you get rid of the materials around the heating element that need to "burn off" or "cure."

Aroc34, thanks so very much! I love the idea of a porcelain insert! I will take a look at the Nesco products. Since there are only two of us, I just need something smaller is all.
Super Contributor

On 2/24/2015 tigriss said:

They are in stores like WalMart and Kohls, so take a look in person. As for the slow cooker function, bung up the hole. Just put some tin foil or paper towel in it. I always do when I don't want moisture escaping. It works and is a cheap fix for this issue.

Tigriss....seriously. You just made me snort my tea out my nose.....bung up the hole indeed! ROTFL! I had to re read that sentence several times. That is a good suggestion actually though.
Honored Contributor

i like mine quite a lot......the 4 in 1 has worked well for me. i LOVE that i dont have to heat up my stove or oven to make a complete meal. i have never had to cover up the hole.

i have used it to make chicken tetrazzini, stews, steamed shrimp, and other casseroles.

i dont find it heavy at all. when i am done i put the cover on it and store it on a shelf in my garage. clean up is very easy.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein