Honored Contributor

Getting cut and bleeding should be an instant disqualification.

I love the cooking shows, but I think the contestants should be disqualified when they are bleeding. Putting a rubber glove on the wound is not sufficient, in my opinion.

Why do you suppose they allow the contestants to continue when they're bleeding?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Getting cut and bleeding should be an instant disqualification.

huh?

ewww

Trusted Contributor

I've seen that happen on Chopped and it is a little "off-putting", but I don't think it should automatically disqualify a person. I was watching the cooking show with the children yesterday. and a boy burned his hand. I don't think he should have been kicked off just because of that. I really felt sorry for him. Another girl contestant came to help him. It was very sweet. Accidents happen and I'd hate for someone to lose out because of that.

Edited to add that better bandaging should be required for injuries. That's important for the contestant and the viewer.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Respected Contributor

It is just what happens in a kitchen. To get your meal done on time, you have to buck up and keep going. Clean the wound, bandage it, and go on. I can see the contamination issues, but the health codes must not have an issue with it.

Honored Contributor

Have you ever been in a busy restaurant kitchen? It's unbelievable! Then there's all of the bugs people never see. Saw a show about how dirty the Oscar place is where the food is kept. Crazy.

My late husband was an investor so we saw lots of things about lots of things and places, etc.

We also saw lots of kitchens in some pretty nice restaurants. Kind of famous/well known places and they are all the same.

Respected Contributor

Don't watch those shows.

Honored Contributor

That's my point, Tigris, they don't clean and bandage it. They put a rubber glove over it and the glove fills with blood while they're cooking.
~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

House cat. I'm glad I'm not the one eating it! Do it right, or don't do it.

Honored Contributor

Have some blood with your food.

Honored Contributor

DH and I both feel the same way. Instant disqualification. But should be allowed to come back and still compete.