Contributor

Why do they keep using the same host ( Sharon and Dan ) on the food shows ?

Anyone notice that Qvc keeps using the same hosts over and over, ( Sharon and Dan ) on the food shows? Once in awhile it might be a different host, but rarely. It really gets mundane after awhile. I know they use Sharon alot, and she is so annoying, acting like she's a food critic, and Dan is always eating and can hardly talk about the product because his mouth is full. I say come on Qvc , its time for the other hosts and their opinions for once. I love the food shows, but if Sharon or Dan are hosting, I turn it off.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why do they keep using the same host ( Sharon and Dan ) on the food shows ?

I totally agree with you. I turn it off too. Don't like Dan W. on the Vitamix or any other cooking shows either.

Respected Contributor

Because Sharon loves to eat. Can't watch her.

Respected Contributor

Agreed ! Change 'em out please.

Regular Contributor

I don't enjoy either Dan or Sharon & those food shows are terrible. They are so phony as what are they supposed to do taste the food & say it's horrible? Plus, they go over the top with the faces, Sharon being the worst. Dan just keeps shoving food in his face.

Contributor

Geez I thought it was only me and I especially do not care for Sharon on any food show! Dan I can take, not that it really matters.

Respected Contributor

In general, hosts have niches .... David cooking, Jill decor, Jane shoes, etc. Sharon and Dan food.
Honored Contributor

It could in part be because they volunteer to do them and other hosts would rather not do them. If they insisted a host do a show (for anything) that they strongly preferred not to, they know the sales for that show would most likely not be up to expectations. Yes, QVC can make any host do any show, and yes any host should be able to sell any product, but I'm sure all have their preferences.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

They're the only ones who cook?

Respected Contributor

Dan is a nice man but I'm tired of him. He adds very little to the presentation and is not even attractive.