Esteemed Contributor

Who Doesn't Eat Leftovers????

I know several women who say their husbands refuse to eat leftovers. I just do not understand this! What do they do with the good leftover food, toss it??? Is everyday a new main course and meal?? Seems ridiculous to me!! I purposely make enough for at least two meals. How did the spoiled husband ever get this way???

Valued Contributor

Re: Who Doesn't Eat Leftovers????

Me, I can't stand left overs...ewwwwww but on the other hand my husband eats absolutely everything and refuses to ever throw anything out. He will eat something even if it's been sitting in the fridge 2 weeks. YUCK YUCK YUCK. If cheese turns green he just cuts if off and eats the rest, he's gross. Actually food doesn't interest me all that much, I am one of those that eat to live and not the other way around. We are complete opposites.

Honored Contributor

We eat all of our leftovers. We even bring home leftovers from a potluck or luncheon.

Respected Contributor

My youngest son.

He'll eat them cold in the middle of the night for a midnight snack though.

Go figure.

I save stuff to use as leftovers or to use part of it with another meal and then when I go look for it, it's gone.

Drives. Me. Insane.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Honored Contributor

My kids refuse leftovers. My husband takes them for lunch the next day. I know a lot of people that don't eat leftovers, which seems silly to me because most things taste better the next day
Honored Contributor

I think leftovers usually taste better then they did when first eaten.

Respected Contributor

This is funny.

I HATE my leftovers but like other peoples leftovers lol. I think maybe its the different cooking I like.

I will eat leftovers only( and only) up until the end of the next day. If I have any more I toss it out. The only exception is maybe my buffalo chicken mac and cheese.

For some reason i can not freeze food. For example I made roast beef last week. I am 1 person and it was a 4 pounder so I froze the left overs, used a straw to su*k out all the air of the freezer safe bag. I reheated it yesterday and it looked good and the meat was actually more tender now but after i ate it my stomach felt sour and I forced myself to throw up.

So basically If i cook ill only make enough to last for breakfast and dinner the next day.

Esteemed Contributor

I know people who don't care for leftovers but they only prepare enough for that meal. Problem solved for them.

I prepare extras so that I have frozen leftovers for lunches during the week. Who wants to out for lunch when it's -25 below?

Honored Contributor

Kitty won't touch them (well, what was I expecting?)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

My BIL makes a big deal about not eating leftovers. But, he skips a lot of family meals with my parents, and asks his wife to bring him a plate, because he loves Mom's cooking. To me, that's him asking for a plate of leftovers. LOL!

Myself, I love leftovers. I live alone, and I make plenty for "planned overs" so I don't have to do as much cooking.