Regular Contributor

Masterbuilt Electric Smoker Guy

Why does he say David's name every other word? So annoying!!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Masterbuilt Electric Smoker Guy

LOL - I thought I was the only one who noticed. It is a small thing to be annoyed about, but it sure makes me crazy, too!!!

Honored Contributor

I've griped about that , too, in the past. I feel sorry for poor David who has to listen to that. One other person does that, forget who that is. Some woman that comes on there and says:

"and look David, over here David, see David, and with this feature David" over and over again. I'd holler I know my name cut it out!

Respected Contributor

On 2/22/2015 Lisa now in AZ said:

LOL - I thought I was the only one who noticed. It is a small thing to be annoyed about, but it sure makes me crazy, too!!!

So right. It drives me insane. Laura Weathers with Kitchen-aid and several other female vendors do it also. Ugh! Please STOP!

Respected Contributor

Wednesday will feature a Masterbuilt TSV- someone was asking about it...

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely grates on my nerves ! Tara , the Temptations lady does it also ! Don't they realize that we are listening intently to every word - and the same word over and over is annoying ?!? Whew !! It must surely be some sort of sales tactic I/we don't know about but as for me, I changed the channel because of IT !

New Contributor

On 2/22/2015 Sharke said:

I've griped about that , too, in the past. I feel sorry for poor David who has to listen to that. One other person does that, forget who that is. Some woman that comes on there and says:

"and look David, over here David, see David, and with this feature David" over and over again. I'd holler I know my name cut it out!

The KitchenAid lady does it too!

Esteemed Contributor

many years ago.....and I do mean MANY.....my ex said that people who continually use a persons name was taught that in Charm School....sort of leaves the Masterbuilt guy out...

never knew if that was true...never bothered to question that theory...

there is a thread on these boards about Charm School...I never read it...any of you that did go to c.s...was that taught to you.....

Honored Contributor

On 2/22/2015 Ikickitinga said:
On 2/22/2015 Sharke said:

The KitchenAid lady does it too!

Yeah, she's the one I was talking about. I'd holler 'give it a rest, already' LOL

Honored Contributor

Some vendor wrangler at the Q probably tells them to do it. Perhaps they think it makes them sound more sincere.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment