Esteemed Contributor

Foodies, if you've had both services, how do they compare?

We currently have FIOS and I'm not very pleased with them. The picture is great quality, but it pixelates often. We turn to the non-HD channels for less interference.

The internet has gotten slow.

They are expensive!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

We used to have FIOS until we moved and now we have comcast. I'd take FIOS anytime if I had a choice, but where I live now the cable is included in my HOA fees. The comcast frequently goes off for no reason while you are watching something and may or may not come right back on. Also , unless we pay through the teeth for extras - we don't really have very many of the channels we enjoyed when we had FIOS.

I can't comment on the price difference as we don't really know what we pay here per month and when we had FIOS we had our internet and bnoth cell phones and landline phone included. Now we have the internet and land line phone on verison , cells are tracfone and TV is comcast.

Occasional Contributor

There is just no way I would ever give up my FIOS. We have the triple play and are very, very pleased with the service. After having lived through Optimum (Cablevision), I can only praise FIOS.

Honored Contributor

FIOS, for sure!

Xfinitity= Comcast

Comcast is not just the worst cable provider I have ever had, but they might be the worst business ever.

Respected Contributor
As aggravating as Comcast can be if you have an issue, and it pains me to say it, we've had years of service now with almost no service interruption ever. Fastest download speed, great picture on cable, no issues. And I live in FL with tons of storms. Now let me go find some wood to knock...
Honored Contributor

great overall service from comcast xfinity......have had it for YEARS.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I have had Comcast for over 30 years..we had the triple play. The cost was about $209 a month. The internet is fine, but the TV has been getting worse for years. I have a new TV, but the picture always looked to dark no matter how we adjusted it.

About 2 weeks ago, we got Direct TV. OMG what a difference. Even my old TV's look new. It's the best picture ever. I wish I would have gotten this years ago. Our weather has been pretty bad and the installer had to install it in the snow. Weather doesn't cause any problems with picture quality. If it is available in your area, you might want to check them out.

We still have Comcast/Xfinity internet. It's the best we can get in our area. Fios only offers slow internet service in our neighborhood and no cable service at all.

Valued Contributor
FIOS for sure.
Esteemed Contributor

Wow, thanks everyone!

I had DirecTV before and I loved them, but I want an internet package.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

stay as far away from comcast that you can. Horrible horrible company to deal with and if you're in the northeast their lines are so old. They don't care at all. The fios lines have all been run within the last decade or so not in the 1970s. I would dump them in a heartbeat if verizon would off more then 1m dsl here