Honored Contributor

Anyone go to Trader Joe's lately? Looking for suggestions...

I haven't been there since the holidays.

I just finished up a major work project, it's minus 8 this morning (minus 35 wind chill!) and I need to get the car warmed up. A TJ expedition sounds like fun!

Anyone have any ideas of new or interesting products I should look for at TJs????

TIA!

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone go to Trader Joe's lately? Looking for suggestions...

Terrier, i go a couple times a week- probably will go tomorrow, as i just finished my last bottle of "Rum of the Gods"!-

I will look to see what is new- i so blindly just buy my old favorites..Have you tried the Fig and Olive Crisps? or the Spinach and Kale bites? How about the Cookie Butter Cheesecake? i love their Beef Wellingtons, Pork Gyoza and Pork Shu Mei...

Honored Contributor

Mine has a ""snack bar"" in the back there is always something for lunch and a coffee

Honored Contributor

not even going out today

1 with a minus 18 windchill here

Honored Contributor

On 2/20/2015 Mothertrucker said:

Terrier, i go a couple times a week- probably will go tomorrow, as i just finished my last bottle of "Rum of the Gods"!-

I will look to see what is new- i so blindly just buy my old favorites..Have you tried the Fig and Olive Crisps? or the Spinach and Kale bites? How about the Cookie Butter Cheesecake? i love their Beef Wellingtons, Pork Gyoza and Pork Shu Mei...

Cookie Butter Cheesecake sounds fantastic...maybe I need to get some Kale chips to balance things out!

It is soooooo cold...minus 24 wind chill right now.

I need some comfort food!

Honored Contributor

On 2/20/2015 jackthebear said:

not even going out today

1 with a minus 18 windchill here

Just about the same here, have to got to my Dads tonight

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

Served the frozen Vegetable Nests as a side item last week and every one of the guests went wild over them. Very unusual that they would all rave.

Frequent Contributor

I picked up a few items on my last visit that I had never tried before. I really liked the round, danish pancakes that were in the freezer section. They had a slight lemon taste with a hint of a sweet spice. They were great for breakfast. Their macaroni and cheese is the best I've ever had from a freezer section. I also highly recommend the low cal guacamole.

Valued Contributor

Terrier,

Being in OP, I'll go to Orchard Fresh and save TJ's for a warmer time. As a side, hubby on his way to the pond hockey tournament. He's extra extra bundled up. A friend of his is playing. Should be interesting how long he (DH) lasts. Going to Shea's tomorrow for the matinnee (Chicago), hope to have lunch before hand. Buffalo Proctor doesn't open until 5 so maybe Pearl Street.

Bundle up and stay warm.

Helen852
Contributor

Mothertrucker: We shop at Trader Joe's pretty often and enjoy the Villa Alena " Moscato d'Asti", but have not seen the "Rum of the Gods". We enjoy a Coke with a little rum occasionally ----how does the flavor of Rum of the Gods compare to Bacardi's Rum? --probably a big difference in price ??