Respected Contributor

Enameled Cast Iron Set on Evine Live -Today's TTV

I'm so tempted, as I love enameled cast iron! It looks like a great set, and there's a nice array of colors. Love the slate! Did anyone buy it?
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

Re: Enameled Cast Iron Set on Evine Live -Today's TTV

Oops, double post, sorry everyone! Weird things happen when I post from my tablet, LOL.
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

Omg, I just took the bait. I ordered in red and should have it on Feb. 24th. I've been looking to replace my Teflon pans. I recently bought an enamel coated cast iron Dutch oven and have been using it quite a bit, and was looking into a braiser next. Now I shall have them all! Thanks for the tip!

Respected Contributor

Eliana, I just ordered the set also, but in slate. I watched a couple presentations before deciding and now I can't wait to receive it. I have a couple of enameled cast iron pans and love the way they perform, so I can't wait to start cooking and baking. So far I'm impressed with Evine and will tune in more often.
Trusted Contributor

I was kicking myself for not getting the slate. I ordered red to match the piece I already have. They have no way to update your order once it has been placed, so I canceled it to reorder. The price went up! I only ordered a few minutes ago, and the price went up i just that few minutes! Now if I want it, I have to pay $193.00. I called customer service, but price is subject to change at any time, and they will not honor it. My only option is to call customer service tomorrow during normal business hours and see if they will honor that price. If they won't, I doubt that I will ever order from them again. This was my first order.

Respected Contributor

I heard them say that the Today's Top Value would change every night at 9:00 instead of midnight like the other shopping channels. That's why the price went up. Hopefully you can ask to speak to a supervisor and explain that you thought the price would be good until midnight, like it used to be on ShopHQ and ShopNBC before that. Maybe they'll make an exception, considering the recent changes there. If customer service can't help you, definitely ask to speak with a supervisor. Good luck!
Trusted Contributor

I completely forgot to call today, so no big deal. I'll get them some other time.

Trusted Contributor

But I can't believe they don't have the option to update your order. All you can do is cancel and reorder.

Respected Contributor

On 2/16/2015 Eliana said:

But I can't believe they don't have the option to update your order. All you can do is cancel and reorder.

Yeah, that's the catch with ordering through a shopping channel. They are all like that. Every time I've needed to make a change, I call customer service and they have to cancel the original order and re-order it with the changes. I've never been able to do it online.

This is the 2nd time they've had enameled cast iron as a Today's Top Value, so I'll bet that they'll feature it again. You should still try to call, though, you never know; miracles can happen! Smile

Respected Contributor

I just went to check my order status and the price is now lower. It's $174 and change for the set which is only $18.00 more than when it was the Today's Top Value. The value payments are only $3.00 more per month. Not bad.