New Contributor
What thoughts do you have on the masterbuilt smoker? Do you think qvc will be featuring it as tsv anytime soon?
Honored Contributor

I haven't heard of an upcoming TSV. As far as the product, personally I don't see the point of electric smokers that get their smoke flavor from sawdust. We smoke over actual wood fires.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

We have one and we will probably throw it away. The smoker will not heat up at all. We think it's a piece of junk and I said so in the review I left. Ours is the 3 shelf one that was $149.00 at one time. I'm kind of thinking it's no longer available.

Super Contributor

We threw ours away, finally. It was taking up space and did NOT smoke. I found out later that some were shipped with a defective design where the little wood chip bin did not touch the heating element. For us it was a sad waste of money.

Honestly, I'd actually recommend it though. Just be sure yours actually SMOKES right from the start, and use it. They seem fire-safe for decks and the digital controls make it so easy to set it and forget it. Because of the mere 30 day return policy in the Land of Qz I'd recommend looking in big box stores where the return period is longer. - Bird

BTW the MB uses wood chips, not sawdust as someone mentioned above. AND...you should get it on a dolly so you can move it around. Mine had no handholds, no wheels. It was a major pain in a lower body part.

Honored Contributor

I got the latest 300.00 one or was it 249 can't remember. LOL anyway, we love it ! Got it in cinnamon. Electric is safer then gas. Don't want to be burned. Squirt some smoke liquid into pierced meat or sprinkle with mesquite seasoning. Use mesquite or hickory wood chips. I run out to patio once an hr. to add fresh chips. Chickens are the best. Husband won't eat boiled hot dogs. Has to be in smoker or NuWave oven. Done small turkeys too.

For added height we put ours on a concrete square. We're both short, so, no problem just gives it an extra couple of inchs in height. If I was as tall as David or the guy who created I'd go for the extra attachment.

No gripe here.

Super Contributor

We purchased out Masterbuilt Smoker 5 or 6 years ago, as a TSV. It is one of the best purchases I have ever made through QVC, and I have been shopping the Q for 28 years.

We have cooked ribs, chicken, turkeys, prime rib, briskets, shrimp, catfish, mac & cheese, and more in this smoker, and have NEVER had a bad meal, ever. all of our neighbors have bought similar smokers after tasting the deliciousness!

There is a learning curve to using a smoker. The electric smokers are much easier & faster than the "real" smokers that use charcoal & wood. We had smoked for years the old fashioned way, and the electric is a breeze in comparison. You cannot get a "bark" on meats in an electric smoker like you can in the charcoal type.

Absolutely love Masterbuilt, and will buy another when this one gives out!

ps- we use small wood chunks hubby chops up from our property (apple, cherry, maple, etc.} to use instead of the sawdust stuff. it smokes like crazy!

Honored Contributor

I tried apple wood one time didn't care for it. Didn't like fruity meat. went back to mesquite

Honored Contributor

Ditto EVERYTHING Wadzilla said! Best gift I EVER gave DH. Have used it this entire bitter, nasty winter in our garage. Never grill anymore.

Check clearance...I think I saw it on sale but I could be wrong.

I would buy another in a nano-second. Best tasting meats we have ever cooked.

Valued Contributor

We have a wood smoker which hubby uses frequently, but he wanted to try the Masterbuilt for the winter when it's difficult to keep the wood smoker at a consistent temp. Bought it from QVC about 4 years ago, used it 3 or 4 times and hasn't used it since. Same problem, inconsistent and it leaked. Taking up space in the garage now.

Honored Contributor

Electric smoker ""leaked"" ? What did it leak ?

I have this one K41147