Honored Contributor

How often do you put up clean dish towels/cloths in your kitchen?

Don't know if this has been asked before, but how often do you change out your dish cloths towels and hand towels in the kitchen for a clean set?

I'm sure a lot will depend on just how much you cook. I prepare three meals a day, most every day of my life. I try to change out all towels every day or every other at the least. I don't have a dishwasher, so these items get heavy use.

I don't know if there have been any studies or not about the amount of harmful bacteria on them in the average kitchen, but it would seem the place most important for quick turn around of the linens.

What's the norm at your house?

Regular Contributor

Re: How often do you put up clean dish towels/cloths in your kitchen?

Good question. I change out mine about every 3 days. I do have a dishwasher but I still wash some things by hand. I use lots of paper towels so m dish cloths and dishtowels don't get very dirty but I just like to keep them clean and sterile..I live alone and do cook everyday for myself..In a week, I usually have 3 of each in the wash..It's a me thing..lol

Honored Contributor

Every couple days or so. It just depends.

I have a sponge that I use to clean the dishes/silverware/pots and pans. Then I wash with a cloth.

I get a new sponge about every month or so. That sponge does not clean countertops or anything. I have a dishwasher which helps a lot.

Honored Contributor

At least once a day.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

I seldom use a dish towel and I only wipe clean hands on my kitchen towel. (Not the same one) Paper towels in the kitchen for messy wipe-ups are my one luxury! Wipe dirt up and throw it away!

Respected Contributor

Every couple of days but I do have a dishwasher. I love the dish towels from Anthropologie, so it's fun changing them out for different designs.
Respected Contributor

Every couple of days, but then I have a dishwasher, live alone, & don't cook a lot. I also knit almost all of my dishcloths & dish towels from cotton yarn, so I have lots.

Trusted Contributor

Every 2 - 3 days

Honored Contributor

I go through several dish towels a day.

Esteemed Contributor

I am pulling out clean ones every other day or so. My kitchen towels and wash cloths always seem to get so stiff over time. I like the bar towels at Kohl's. They are so soft when I buy them, but after using and washing them for awhile, they end up kind of rough. Anyone else have that problem? I use dryer fabric sheets, but those don't seem to have any effect on my kitchen towels and wash cloths.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead