Respected Contributor

Never tried it and was curious as to the taste.

Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Hi Adore,

How are you doing, dear?

Yes, I do like it. I love to eat different kinds of seafood. It's been some time since I have had any monkfish, but it's a really nice type of white fish. Smile

The Food network has a good article about it, if you would like to take a look at it. Here is a link to it for you:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/articles/a-guide-to-buying-and-cooking-monkfish.html

The article describes it as being a "meaty" kind of fish, and I would agree with that. When I would eat it more regularly, it was also compared to lobster, concerning taste. The article states this as well.

Honored Contributor

For ""white"" fish.......Chilean seabass is my favorite

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor
On 2/8/2015 northernlights said:

Hi Adore,

How are you doing, dear?

Yes, I do like it. I love to eat different kinds of seafood. It's been some time since I have had any monkfish, but it's a really nice type of white fish. Smile

The Food network has a good article about it, if you would like to take a look at it. Here is a link to it for you:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/articles/a-guide-to-buying-and-cooking-monkfish.html

The article describes it as being a "meaty" kind of fish, and I would agree with that. When I would eat it more regularly, it was also compared to lobster, concerning taste. The article states this as well.

Hi northernlights,

I am fine and hope you are also doing wellSmiley Happy.

A neighbor said she heard monk fish would be delicious to try, but I was not sure if it would really be tasty, and as of late we have tried a few new types of fish and did not care for them, but will definitely try this one now.

Thanks so very much for the great information and link you supplied.

I think the fillets they pictured on the food network would be a good choice.

Thanks again pal o'mine and I hope you have a lovely Sunday.

Respected Contributor
On 2/8/2015 Desertdi said:

For ""white"" fish.......Chilean seabass is my favorite

Thanks so much desertdi.

Will try that one too.

Honored Contributor
On 2/8/2015 adoreqvc said:
On 2/8/2015 Desertdi said:

For "white" fish.......Chilean seabass is my favorite

Thanks so much desertdi.

Will try that one too.

You will like it! It is firm and mild......adapts to all ways of preparing it, and any spices you may like. It is "deep sea" and not farmed.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Hi Desertdi, I like Chilean seabass, too. Smile

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, Adore! I hope that you have a nice day today too, and I hope that you enjoy trying the monkfish, too. Smile

Super Contributor

They say it tastes like lobster, I haven't seen it in stores or restaurants for years. It must be making a comeback, because I have heard of it a few times recently~

Respected Contributor

well, the TEXTURE is kind like lobster, but I really don't find that it tastes like lobster all that much..though some say it does.... "Poor Man's Lobster" is what they call it-