Respected Contributor

Jan. 30 Today is NATIONAL CROISSANT DAY !!!!

I like making mine with dark chocolate inside. So yummy. I ate these in Paris back in 1983 and 1985.

I remember going to a bakery and getting Croissants with chocolate inside. The girl who waited on me didn't give me my change back. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} I didn't know French and no one in the bakery knew English. Oh well it wasn't much. Just think if she did others that way.

Super Contributor

Re: Jan. 30 Today is NATIONAL CROISSANT DAY !!!!

I went to click on your post as my favorite decadent dessert is chocolate filled croissants, and there you have it, lol!

Done well, the pastry is fresh and flaky, the chocolate warmed and melted.

Oh my. I may need to find me some today.....

....now look what you've done. Wink

Respected Contributor

You can cheat and use a can of Crescent Rolls and some dark chocolate chips!!!!

Takes a while to make the homemade dough, but they are so yummy!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Hot rolls and butter are my weakness. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Awe Yummy! A Chocolate filled Croissant? And I can eat one today (maybe two?).

LOL... A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

Trader Joe's croissants are delicious. You just put them out the night before and baked them in the morning. My favorite are the almond but I think they have chocolate also.

Honored Contributor

I loved the lemon-filled and raspberry-filled ones that QVC was selling (for about a hot minute). I purchased them on AD and they cancelled after a couple of deliveries. Fortunately, I don't eat that much so I still have a bunch of them vacuum sealed in my freezer.

I also have a lot of the flat ones QVC sells. I probably won't ever get through those, as they sent me a replacement order for having received an order that was almost half broken. I vacuum sealed them in twosies so they'll last ages.

But the lemon ones and raspberry ones were my fav.

Trusted Contributor

My favorite at Trader Joe's is "Queen of Croissants" or Kouigns Amann. You let it rise over night like the other TJ croissants in the freezer case. Crispy, sugar glaze, light. Heavenly!
Honored Contributor

On 1/30/2015 helping said: My favorite at Trader Joe's is "Queen of Croissants" or Kouigns Amann. You let it rise over night like the other TJ croissants in the freezer case. Crispy, sugar glaze, light. Heavenly!

I purchased them last time I was at Trader Joe's. I have not tried them yet. Sound like a good Sunday Morning breakfast!

Trusted Contributor

I love to eat croissants. I like to eat them just plain, and I also like the filled ones, too. Sometimes I will take a plain one and then put some strawberry jam on it.

Super Contributor

There are few things better in life than a warm buttery croissant. I like mine with a little strawberry jam. The chocolate ones are delicious though. In school my French teacher used to bring Pain au chocolat (chocolate filled pastries similar to a croissant) for us as a treat. Now that you mention it I think I have some croissant rolls and chocolate chips around here. Yum!